ProtonMail iOS app is open source - ProtonMail Blog

too bad it’s not on gitlab. for those that don’t know the github platform is M$ property.

2 Likes

as long as you have local repo copy and free license attached it’s ok, you can always push it elsewhere should they chose to kill it.

1 Like

Precisely, no need to fearmonger just yet. Cool of ProtonMail as well.

2 Likes

Always been a big fan of proton. It seems like the devs really care about privacy.

it’s not all daisies and butterflies with ProtonMail but it’s better than others …

It’s GPL 3.0! That’s even more exciting.

2 Likes

it’s exciting untill you reach that word INFRASTRUCTURE. god knows what’s happening under that mountain …

What are you contentions? I’m yet to see anything that really concerns me.

That’s good, I use Proton and enjoy it. Let’s hope they’ll make a client for the Librem 5.
It’s not good when the large techs buy the little peeps. M$ buys Github and now Google buys Fitbit. I have to keep on moving to stay on allied ground.

just the potential hidden backdoors in the proprietary infrastructure (the bare-metal-host-hardware that houses the free-software-servers). if the lower-levels were not a concern we would not be interested in open-hardware … because as much as sustainability is a concern so is privacy and security ?

1 Like