Pure OS Damaging MY Ram (memory) instead of Ubuntu

Hello Pureos Team,

I see my OS getting much hangs on every step even I have more than 150GB Free Space and 6GB Ram how can I debug I am much frustrate about my work please help I was planning to switch my OS to other linux distro due to much times PureOs damaging my Ram I experimented I see many times my Ram damaged when using PureOs instead of Ubuntu and Windows ??

1 Like

Contact Purism support:

2 Likes

Ok thanks I emailed them waiting for their quick response brother.

2 Likes

What hardware platform are we talking about?

What is the hardware specification?

You mention that it was “6 GB RAM” but it is not clear whether this means “6 GB RAM” in total or “6 GB RAM” free. The former, “6 GB RAM” in total, is not a lot of memory by today’s standards.

1 Like

Sorry I don’t understand basically I have 6GB Ram installed in my system.
as I see PureOs required 4GB Ram and in Trisquel I had no issues in my second laptop with Trisquel with thi

s configuration everything working great and I am not facing any issues their.

1 Like

What hardware platform are we talking about? Are we talking about a Librem 14? A different Librem laptop? Something else?

There are far too many reasons for a computer to hang to be able to answer based on the information available so far. Running out of memory is just one possible reason. Running out of memory has to be considered by comparison with the workload you are running on the computer. Few people run only the operating system. Most people also run at least a few applications.

You can use some kind of system monitor to see how much memory each process is using, and maybe that will give insight into whether some process is malfunctioning and thereby consuming much more memory than it should be.

What version of PureOS are you running? (lsb_release -c) Is it fully up to date?

1 Like