I am currently tinkering with my new L14 and its Pureboot/Heads firmware. I wonder what the intended way is to install a linux distribution other than PureOS?
Currently my workflow has been as follows:
- Create GPT Disklayout
- Create /boot Partition and format is as FAT32 (ESP)
- Install GRUB2 EFI (ignore errors/warnings about it being unable to set efivars)
While this works I am not sure it is the intended way to go about things. As I have not been able to find this kind of information in the respective documentations, this begs the following questions for me:
- What is the bootflow of Pureboot/Heads? Does it really need an ESP in FAT32 or does it just need a /boot Partition with any filesystem on it?
- Based on what I have seen Pureboot/Heads can read/interpret the grub config files. Is this true? And if yes can it also read config files from other bootloaders?
- What software should optimally be used to create/update the files in the /boot directory?
Please share your knowledge & Insights!