PureBrowser - Firefox addon to StartPage

PureBrowser will not open to search… once I added the firefox addon of startpage, it did compile a list to search, but when I clicked on to a link, it would not open the page… what is going on??? why is this happening??? PureB is my default browser and no matter what I do to overcome these major limitations, I’m not able to resolve…

you don’t need addon, just go on startpage.com then on the search box on top right click on the green plus then set as default engine and you done

1 Like

Type about:config in your address bar and press enter. Click yes upon warning. In the search bar type “alpn”, you will see bellow string “security.ssl.enable_alpn”, click it to change its value to false.

Restart browser.

Thank you Eagle!!! it worked just now… not sure what just happen, lets believe progress will continue…heheheee

Hi Maiden,

I feel as if I am a test case for the company, which I’d like to consent to but… and so …Everything is in a foreign language… I was so glad that E’s recommendation worked… as I was not quite confident to step out of my comfort zone even though I would have gone for it and still may if issue persists… BEST, J

oops… I already added it… should I figure out how to uninstall it?

Miaden, this window response “This might voiid your warranty!.. changing these advanced settings can be harmful to the stability, security, and performance of this application. You should only continue if you are sure of what yo u are doing.” PLEASE advise… you realize my complete lack of knowledge AND confidence… is this I should expect?

Yes, just press okay and change the alpn option, nothing else. You can always easily reset your PureBrowser if something goes wrong. Also, I expect a fix for this issue to land soonish, so you won’t have to do this in the future.

okay I did exactly what you said… close, quit PureB, clicked back on… still no new window opening with link results. also doesn’t remove history even though I have clicked to do so several times.

also, now this window:

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at puri.smpush.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Purebrowser is permitted to access the Web.

smpush? It’s puri.sm.

Also, if you successfully changed alpn option links should work. I’ll check to see what’s going on.