PureBrowser inspector/devtools not working

Since the latest update, to 60.9.0esr, when I try to open the browser inspector in PureBrowser, there is no response.

I can open the browser console, and see the error:

Error: Unknown hostType: right  toolbox-host-manager.js:167:13

And tracking down the code, here’s where “right” comes from:

A promise chain failed to handle a rejection. Did you forget to '.catch', or did you forget to 'return'?
See https://developer.mozilla.org/Mozilla/JavaScript_code_modules/Promise.jsm/Promise

Date: Tue Oct 08 2019 17:21:13 GMT+1100 (AEDT)
Full Message: Error: Unknown hostType: right
Full Stack: createHost@resource://devtools/shared/base-loader.js -> resource://devtools/client/framework/toolbox-host-manager.js:167:13
ToolboxHostManager@resource://devtools/shared/base-loader.js -> resource://devtools/client/framework/toolbox-host-manager.js:62:15
DevTools.prototype.createToolbox<@resource://devtools/shared/base-loader.js -> resource://devtools/client/framework/devtools.js:512:19
_run@resource://devtools/shared/base-loader.js -> resource://devtools/shared/task.js:310:39
TaskImpl@resource://devtools/shared/base-loader.js -> resource://devtools/shared/task.js:272:3
asyncFunction@resource://devtools/shared/base-loader.js -> resource://devtools/shared/task.js:246:14
DevTools.prototype.showToolbox<@resource://devtools/shared/base-loader.js -> resource://devtools/client/framework/devtools.js:476:28
_run@resource://devtools/shared/base-loader.js -> resource://devtools/shared/task.js:310:39
TaskImpl@resource://devtools/shared/base-loader.js -> resource://devtools/shared/task.js:272:3
asyncFunction@resource://devtools/shared/base-loader.js -> resource://devtools/shared/task.js:246:14
toggleToolboxCommand@resource://devtools/shared/base-loader.js -> resource://devtools/client/framework/devtools-browser.js:80:7
onKeyShortcut@resource://devtools/shared/base-loader.js -> resource://devtools/client/framework/devtools-browser.js:267:9
onKey@jar:file:///usr/lib/purebrowser/browser/omni.ja!/components/devtools-startup.js:582:7
hookKeyShortcuts/xulKey<@jar:file:///usr/lib/purebrowser/browser/omni.ja!/components/devtools-startup.js:560:51

If I try and ‘Toggle tools’ from the web developer drop down from tool bar menu, I get this error on the console:

Attempt to set a forbidden header was denied: Connection  2496349297-lcs_client_bin.js:123:386

I’ve tested turning off all add-ons.

Can anyone else confirm whether they can open the browser inspector in this version of PureBrowser?

Luke

I have no problem opening it and using it on my end. Am wondering if it is a profile issue with PureBrowser. Try the steps listed in this FAQ entry and let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Thanks for that Richard, I can confirm that following those sets and setting up a new profile did the trick.

I’m using Firefox sync to sync bookmarks etc. so I’ll just use this new profile rather than debugging the original problem. Had to reinstall add-ons.

Thanks for helping me out there!