Pureos browser missing data choices

hi my pureos browser, has the data choices missing allowing mozzilla to access all my data is this correct ?

What specifically do you mean by this? Where do you see that in the settings or elsewhere?

in the browser settings preferences advanced the data choices tab has no options only blank is this normal or is my version faulty

Hmmm, yeah “data choices” in the Purebrowser advanced settings is blank for me as well. I have no idea what this means though. Thoughts anyone? What are the data choices available on Firefox?

the data choices is where you enable or disable sending information and allowing mozzila to conduct studies on the normal version of firefox. perhaps its disabled already in this one does anyone know ?

Yeah, I would assume that Purism has disabled this by default on Purebrowser.

It is the case that this option is disabled for PureBrowser; it is stated in a tracking item here. Note “data reporting is disabled”.

I knew I had seen this somewhere, but I could not find it again. (Thanks to @Russ who helped in an unrelated post.)

thanks for the help guys

hi guys i just came back to pureos atter being blocked by ? and just noticed thh checkbox for allowinf firefox to conduct studies is checked and greyed out is this normal now

I am not certain from your post if you are using Firefox or PureBrowser.

I uninstalled PureBrowser after the latest update. However, I would think all telemetry and experiments would be disabled and removed from it.

If you are using Firefox, and that box is grayed, I suggest enabling “Allow Firefox to send technical and interaction data to Mozilla”, then uncheck “Allow Firefox to install and run studies”. Then uncheck “Allow Firefox to send technical and interaction data to Mozilla” again.

In either case, please go to about:config and make sure experiments.enabled and network.allow-experiments are ‘false’.

This link is for Firefox Quantum, but it may give you a more exhaustive guide for PureBrowser and Firefox telemetry/studies settings. You can use that to make sure everything is ok.

it says purebrowser 60.1.0 esr nightly it came with the fresh install and yes network.allow-experiments was true in about:config something very wrong with this pureos i downloaded i think .i cant download updates or certain app or view logs

I cannot help you with those items. I used PureBrowser until Mozilla stopped supporting the old extensions–I liked TabMixPlus–in ESR 60.1. Additionally, the Purism webext packages seemed to interfere with my Quantum add-ons and, at the time, were down-level. I uninstalled it.

I am not sure if you mean add-ons, rather than ‘updates or certain app’. For add-ons, try what I wrote elsewhere in this forum. It helped a few people.

@mladen has also suggested this compat fix. It did not work for me with add-ons, but it might help you. Also, this made life easier for some other folks accessing sites, etc. For some reason, those sites are looking for ‘Firefox’ in the uagent string rather than ‘Gecko’.