PureOS Crimson Development Report: September 2024

This was published today, October 16, 2024:

13 Likes

Great to see this report! Highly appreciated! This is the third report since the start of the optional subscriptions to contribute to the PureOS development.

I hope this will inspire people to financially contribute to the PureOS development via an optional subscription.

7 Likes

:face_with_monocle:

Libre Software, GPL

1 Like

Good write-up. Gives hope and shows progress. If only the tasks and timelines keep and no surprises occur…

7 Likes

I appreciate this level of detail, and also really appreciate some of the things I have seen in the repos in just the last couple days from @jonathon.hall. You are awesome, and this makes me happy :).

11 Likes

It’s good to see that progress has been made.

While those of you that work with bacterial genomes on-the-go may miss […]

Some of us do work with bugs on-the-go on a day to day basis though. :wink:

10 Likes

I was hoping the monthly total raised would be included in the update but maybe it was overlooked this time… Is that something still in the works? @JCS

Otherwise, I’d say these updates are going a long way to increasing transparency with users. Very keen seeing this trend continue.

7 Likes

No, this was not an oversight. My preference to include stats in our monthly reporting was vetoed, so we will not include subscription sales figures or subscriber counts moving forward unless approved. Of course, we will continue to provide progress reports and stand by our tenet of 100% of PureOS subscription sales going to PureOS development.

11 Likes

Some good news in there, good that the main blocker with the build server was resolved and builds/development will move forward.

4 Likes

Due to huge time lose for Crimson it will better to go for Dawn. MHO.
Also i really nervous for the future Phosh development from Gnome. I just not trust in Gnome Fundation anymore. = (

1 Like

Milestone referenced in the article:

5 Likes

Thanks @spacemanspiffy for the kind comments, and I’m glad we are building momentum in PureOS again!

7 Likes