Purism chat server

I was going to make a discord server for unofficial purism/general security chat etc, but was wondering if anyone knew of a better service than discord (free)

I mean there’s IRC for text and mumble for voice. IRC is an open standard and mumble is FOSS. Mumble does have text but it’s not really designed for it.

Why not just use the Matrix chat?

1 Like

Yeah, I’d say join the Matrix chat, though IRC is also an option.

Matrix room:
https://matrix.to/#/!aXWDJNTtEfhSXdPoQT:talk.puri.sm

1 Like

Purism maintains official community chatrooms on Matrix.

They have a general chatroom: #community/general@talk.puri.sm. It can be easily reached at the link posted above by @taylor-williamc.

I honestly completely forgot about Matrix

2 Likes

Did not know about matrix…

I knew purism had another chat room for it but didn’t know about matrix, I guess you learn something new every day.

I am having difficulty getting into the chatroom. Never used any matrix chat apps. I’m a noob. I got screwed over by Apple pretty badly last couple years, and am looking for a new phone, laptop, and tablet. I am also very interested in moving to Linux and actually studying and learning how to use my tech devices more thoroughly. I just joined your forum and searched for a discord. I think it might be a good idea to start a discord to expand your business. Many noobs like myself are irritated and even disgusted with microsoft and apple at this point. Linux survived, and now is it’s time to rise. Please help me? Lol

1 Like

Discord is proprietary software.

1 Like