Purism Launches Librem 14, Successor to Security-focused Librem 13 Product Line

covid-lake :joy:

1 Like

Plus with a new Intel CPU we also have to port coreboot & PureBoot to it while also finding a way to disable the Intel ME. Thankfully all of that is happening faster now than in years past but still not at a point where its all ready day 1 of the CPUs release.

2 Likes

That is a beautiful illustration! :laughing:

And you are very right, along with all of the other points, there will always be another CPU. I should probably start living in the moment more.

1 Like

Well I’m brand new to Linux in general, but I’ve ordered my Purism 14. I promise not to begin badgering Purism about where my order is until at least a good 10-15 minutes into the beginning of October 1st :wink:

5 Likes

Sorry to post two times in a row… And let me know if this is the wrong place to ask these questions. Or maybe we just don’t know yet.
But I had some questions regarding the Librem 14 specifications.

1. Do we know the refresh rate (60 Hz, 74Hz or maybe 144Hz) and response time for the 14" build in display? I realize this is not a gaming laptop so I’m not expecting anything over 60Hz.

2. For the two dim of DDR4 RAM (64GB max) do we know the max speed? I know this is usually limited by the CPU being used. Will it be 2666MHz or maybe up to 3200MHz… I know for DDR4 3200MHz usually requires being able to make a change in the bios OR be equipped with Intel’s XMP (extreme memory profiles).

3. Thanks for all the help/answers/information. The Purism Community really is an awesome group! So thank you!

I think the answer above is “no answer” at the current time: Purism Launches Librem 14, Successor to Security-focused Librem 13 Product Line

1 Like

One of the potential uses for this machine would be to watch movies/Netflix etc.

1. Where are the speakers? Are they under the laptop? Under the keyboard? By the sides of the keyboard like the Macbook?

2. What’s the display brightness in nits ?

Thanks in advance,

As this is a product that is currently being developed, noone in the community has one (yet), therefore noone in the community can answer the questions based on personal knowledge.

You may be better off emailing Purism directly at support@puri.sm

Does Purism announce/reveal how many are ordered/sold of their laptops? Curious to know how many are ordered of the 14’s so far.

Outside of crowdfunding campaigns with a particular financial goal, we don’t typically publish sales numbers.

Understood. Having ordered one, was curious if there are thousands to be built before mine, or dozens LOL just me being impatient already.

I’m impatient too because I pre-ordered a L14 and my actual laptop is already dying.

2 Likes

Seeing that we are getting close to Quarter 4 I am also getting a little impatient about the shipping schedule.

1 Like

I’m sure voicing that here will help speed up that announcement… Not!

But you can believe that when Purism knows they’ll tell us, your patience notwithstanding.