Qubes install issues on LIbrem 13v2 'qubes-netvm failed'

Hi, Just got a librem 13v2 and in the middle of installed Qubes 3.2. I had the issue mentioned here Librem 13v2: Qubes stuck at "Booting from Hard Disk" after install - #4 by d2r and that got around the issue nicely. But now I have a GUI screen that i cant seem to get past.

Error is. [Dom0 Error] [‘usr/sbin/service’,‘qubes-netvm’,start’} failed: stdout: “”
stderr:"Redirecting to /bin/systemctl start qubes-netvm.service
Job for qubes-netvm.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See “systemctl status qubes-netvm.service” and “journalctl-xe” for details

It is possible to click do not configure but then i still dont have a working qubes os. Has anyone else solved this and know how to fix it. I’m new to Librem, linux and Qubes…

1 Like

I installed Qubes 3.2 several times on my Librem13v2, and while I saw other issues, I never saw this or any other error like it during the installation process.

If you can repeat the steps that led to the above error, can you post the output of the suggested commands? “systemctl status …” and “journalctl-xe” Maybe there is some message about why the script launched by systemctl failed.

1 Like

Hi d2r,

I ran the systemctl command as suuggested and a redline came up saying qubes-netvm.service load failed failed Qubes NetVM startup , there was other information but this looked like the only issue.

the other command journalctl -xe came up with the following in red
sd 2:0:0:0: [sdb] no caching mode page found
sd 2:0:0:0: [sdb] Assuming drive cache: write though

Hmm wierd, i clicked on 'Do not configure, (for advanced users) ’ and my vm’s where all there, also network is working and all seems ok. I did this before though and had no sys-net or firewall vm etc but this time all there. Glad its all working :slight_smile:

@micalo, I am glad your problem is solved. I have tried to send you an email, but your mail provider keeps rejecting it.