Qubes transition: Fast way to transfer hotkeys from distro to distro?

I’m switching from ElementaryOS to Qubes.
Is there a script or some kind of tool that will transition hotkeys from one distro to another?

I usually just print them from the host from a plain text file. Example:

esc + &f2a1k16d23Laaaaaaaabbbbbbbbxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On function key f1 will make a two line label 8 chars wide (a + b) with a command 23 chars long (x). However you have to be in an HP terminal emulator. The first character is an escape, ignore the plus sign and spaces. Yes probably useless in your environment.

You would think they would be universalized by now.

The closest thing to universal GNU/Linux has is the kernel and even that isn’t completely universal.

I do think exporting your current hockey’s, to a text file, then manually re-creating them is the path I would take, and recommend, as it allows for reviewing the hockey’s and cleaning up any legacy stuff you no longer use, if applicable, as well as adding anything you might want while going through them.

I know it’s more tedious, but it’s the path I would take.

Perhaps you will have a better luck asking on the Qubes forum.

Why it is not universal? HP lost the terminal emulator wars. HP was once a “contendah” but fell by the wayside.

Terminal emulators, the vast majority of them, emulate the DEC VT-52, VT-100, VT-102, VT-220, etc., series of terminals. DEC emulation won the terminal emulator war. If I recall correctly DEC hotkeys are programed by Control Characters, HP by escape sequences. If you want HP terminal emulation these days most solutions have a fee. IBM 3270 terminal emulators are also out there IIRC.

On a side note, IBM won when it came to the console screen, which is a mild reminder of the default of DOS 2.0.