Questions about ordering the Librem 5

After some research in various areas about what I am personally seeking in a phone, the Librem 5 has appeared to me to be the best phone that I could get that fits my needs. Perhaps a more thorough investigation is required to be sure, but this is where I am at right now. But before I pull the trigger on this, I have some questions.

First being, if I order the Librem 5 now, how long will it take to arrive? I have read about some people waiting quite some time for their order to arrive, although most of those were a while ago. How are shipping times now in 2024?

And, if I order now, which version of the phone will I receive? I see that there are different code names which I assume are for slightly different models. I am mainly curious because the spare battery you could purchase is for the Evergreen model, only? If not I could use some clarification on that.

I guess that’s just a couple of questions, but they are the ones I have not been able to find answers to elsewhere.

2 Likes

15 business days to process the order, then additional transportation time which varies depending on your country, customs, etc.

Evergreen batch.

5 Likes

Aha, okay excellent. Thank you for the assistance :slight_smile:

3 Likes

FYI

Ordered 30-Apr-2024
Ready for shipping 02-May-2024
Import duty paid to DHL 03-May-2024
Due for delivery by end of day 07-May-2024

I’d advise ordering a second battery, and make sure you specify the correct modem for your region.

Enjoy!

7 Likes

Good to know, thank you!

1 Like