Re-installing pureOS after a failed Ubuntu install

So I wanted to install Kubuntu 18.04 instead of pureOS shipped with my new Librem 15. I had no idea the kind of nightmare I was getting myself into.

I had been able to install it, but the boot stage would always fail, and I’d have to esc to choose the right disk. (I bought my system with the additional storage included)

I had tried installing on each disk in the hopes it would pick up the right one automatically, then using the other disk as data. But neither seem to work and I guess this is due to the way the installation was done and how coreboot works. I don’t know enough about it.

So essentially, I’ve come back to pureOS out of frustration, but now it too, won’t install. Maybe I’ve killed some partition tables it needed, or something like that?

I really need some help as I’m able to install from USB and I’m using the latest version of pureOS. But I can’t get it to boot. Both my disks get a “booting from hard disk” blank screen on start-up (under SeaBIOS [version rel-1.11.0-0-g63451fc]).

What am I supposed to do? I’m pulling my hair out over this.

Make sure to install your boot loader to the M.2 disk, because that’s the storage that is booted first. So the best is just to install system and its grub to the M.2 disk.

Also make sure to format both drives completely.

what was your end result?

what was your end result? I have the same scenario coming up as a favor for a librem 14 owner. Thinking
whether to be onboard with this job?