Recommended Browser Extensions

Oh, that’s very interesting news! I’ll need to pay more attention to Epiphany’s development

I couldn’t find my stalker-blockers in any post here so I’ll add Canvas Fingerprint blockers. There are 5, CPU, APU, GPU, WebGL, and TXT. The anti-canvas fingerprint programs are capable of replying to the peep with a false canvas fingerprint. (CFP)

For our online Polls,we record the visitor’s IP and CPU and make a 64 character hash that is stored. If the same device wants to vote twice, they can’t. Cookies would work too, but they can easily be deleted to re-vote as often as they want. The fingerprint helps to prevent cheaters. Those using any or all three anti-CFP would only vote once.
Yes, there are ways around each one, but those are much more difficult, and not worth the time, to bother with.

This post assumes you realize this is just for small websites, not the kind of system used for elections in the U.S. :wink:

In response to the question, I use

• Ublock Origin 1 and Extra,
  • Awesome Cookie Manager
  • Disconnect
  • 5 Canvas FingerPrint back-at-em
  • NoEval.Privacy Badger
  • Disallow custom search engines.
  • Privacy Badger

Oh yes, and my tinfoil hat.
~f

3 Likes

I use Firefox Multi-Account Containers to help stop tracking cookies across websites.

2 Likes