Ringtone contest November 1st

The winner(s) of the ringtone contest will be decided November 1st, 2017 by a vote of the Purism team members

what does happen tomorrow? do you write a blogpost with winners? or do you just mail them?

Both. But the voting process will take a day or two more than we first thought, because we got a lot of ringtones.

any news? some winner(s) of the ringtone contest? :blush:
Thanks

Will be publicly announced. We have ~180 sounds in 30 submissions, so the voting process will take much more time than we thought.

2 Likes

It’s good to have many choices, although it requires time. Thanks for the update! :+1:t3:

Thanks for the update.

And the winning tones are…?

Why not post the winning sounds here (or in a development blog) so we can all have a listen to the future phone?

Them: https://puri.sm/posts/librem5-ringtone-contest-winners/

5 Likes

I wonder if the shipping for the winners will be after Q3, 2019, will be according to the date of pre-orders …

Any info about that?

Can’t imagine it wouldn’t ship at the same time. I hope they include the runners’ up sounds on the Librem 5 as well though. I get the winners’ will be default, but would be nice to include the others.

1 Like

Ya know , I really liked the Purism Librem 5 update video music on your videos on youtube .

Will the librem 5 have the capability of using an mp3 for a ringtone ?

1 Like

I imagine you will be able to use any audio format that is playable on the device. PureOS can play mp3’s out of the box.

1 Like

using FLAC as a ringtone on a phone … what a day :heart_eyes:

Well yes . But sometimes devices that have the ability to play mp3s dont have the software option to set one as a ringtone and just use whats in their proprietary ringtone basket.

Ringdroid is on f-droid and is an excellent program to splice mp3s and save them as ringtone, notification, alarms, etc.

On android I just used my music player POWERamp . Im going to miss that app . It was the best music player Ive ever seen .

Although the reason I decided to order the L5 was a seemingly benign detail to most of you . but FAWggin YUUUUUGE to me . The fact Purism demod an app called Lollypop I think it was . A music app and this music app had a 7 or 10 band EQ . That EQ is what pushed me over the edge to buy this device. I really really hate tinny un equalized sound of most music players. And the L5 doubling as a music player is the most important function for me .

I dont care about the camera , I dont care about VoIP calling , I dont care about mobile gaming . I LOVE music . Of all kinds. From Ludavico Einaudi to Insane clown posse to The Frowning to Rascal Flatts .

I really hope this device has a great sound chip. Otherwise I’m going to be having a really bad time.

1 Like

see > Audiophile question - might want to go first-last.

Poweramp is the only music app I’m using too. It’s just getting better with every update.
Gonna miss it.
I was gonna buy LG V20 for a music player. I still might. :slight_smile: I just wish it was smaller. Given how limited the use of L5 is gonna be, maybe we should have that extra media device on us :slight_smile:
Still dreaming of getting some nice mid range cans (my fav Sony MDR 1AM2) and pairing it with a phone with powerful DAC. Or getting the external one for more boost.

lollipop music player on the L5 actually has a 10 band eq too all i need beyond that is a hierarchical folder view and im good

yea it’s pulseaudio so you have built-in 10bands eq plus all the LADSPA at your disposal (eg parametric eq). Technically you can even route it via jackdbus but that may be not too battery friendly.

1 Like