Running Jupiter Hell which uses Vulkan on PureOS

What resolution and colour depth are you running?
Do you know what resolution and colour depth the game is trying to start in?
How much memory is allocated to graphics?

Do you have these installed?

• libgl1-mesa-glx
  • libgl1-mesa-dri

Yes both installed, version 18.3.6-2 for both.

The game should be polling the system for the resources available and should be building the initial canvas based on that. As we know the game will run on the same hardware with a different linux distro, it then is just missing software.

I’m not sure if the versions for libgl1-mesa-glx/dri are the newest, or just the newest in the puerOS repos.

I’m not sure if it was just coincidence or related to this thread, but someone asked in a Matrix channel yesterday about updating OpenGL

Question:

is there away to update the OpenGL driver on a Librem 13 v3 running PureOS with all the current updates?

Reply:

Not easily right now. You can try and pull a newer version of the kernel and Mesa from Debian Testing or compile newer versions. We plan on offering a more “rolling” version of PureOS but it isn’t ready yet.

So I think PureOS’s transition to tracking Debian stable a few months ago may just mean the software in the repos is a bit outdated.

Hahaha, yeah that was me.

I was looking to force the update, but at the same time I don’t want to break the system.

If I hadn’t already invested so much time in getting PureOS all setup, and I would just put Ubuntu on here. There are times when I really like what PureOS is, and times when I’m annoyed by it.

Hahahaha. I’ll of course live and the Librem 13 is great.

Edit: I did what I should have done from the moment I got the Librem, and put Ubuntu on it. I love Gnome and so it feels almost exactly the same as PureOS. Snaps work finally and everything just pretty much works by default, to include Jupiter Hell. :+1:

There was an email to the dev mailing list yesterday mentioning addition of the latest 19.* of the mesa drivers in byzantium, which is the next version of PureOS.

Game on!