Selling Librem 15 v4

Hi there,

I’ve just posted my Librem 15 on eBay and I wanted to see if anyone here is interested.

It’s the v4 with 32GB RAM and 4TB of storage. I bought the laptop in January and it’s still in great condition. See the link below:

Thanks,
Adam

1 Like

Why does your version look like a sticker instead of laser etching?

Good luck on the sale!

May I ask what you are using instead?

I’m not sure, I assumed they all come like that?

I’m going back to my MacBook sadly. There were a few pieces of software that I just couldn’t do without.

My guess is if you peel that sticker up there will be a version 3 under there. No problem really, a cost saving way of using up the version 3 bottom plates when they moved to a newer CPU on the version 4s.

I can understand the software issue. Running MacOS in a VM is possible but not the easiest.

Hi @adamcolvin, that’s a pretty good deal on your Librem 15 v4. I got mine in Feb 2019 and I, too, moved from many years on a MacBook Pro. Fortunately for me all the software I need is free & open source, which I had switched to as much as possible on the Mac before switching completely to GNU/Linux. I wouldn’t want to go back. I’ve discovered that some Linux software is actually better than what I had to use on the Mac, with capabilities that were prevented by Apple (plug in your iPad/iPhone and watch it just show up as a drive in Nautilus). Sorry to hear you’ve got to go back. BTW, what software can you not do without? Are you doing video editing?
Cheers!
p.s. I think you might have a typo: the graphics are probably Intel HD Graphics 620 instead of the 630, unless Purism changed the chip without updating the specs on the site.

1 Like

I had a mac and I slowly moved to FOSS options before jumping to Linux. I found homebrew for the terminal good. Hopefully you come to the point were you can change the underlining distro with most of your apps still working. I never wanted vendor lock-in so never used icloud or the other integrated services.

Hi @dean, I used homebrew for a few things but started with Fink. Years ago I had to compile GnuCash via Fink under MacOS. That took hours but it worked and got me started with GnuCash, which was the second FOSS program I moved to after OpenOffice. I was motivated to move to GnuCash because I had bought Quicken for the Mac and it had an annoying habit of corrupting its own data file. The maker, Intuit, didn’t fix the code but they would charge you $50 to un-corrupt your own data file. I refused to do that, so I lost some data. After it happened again I realized I was on a dead-end road and that it was time to get serious about FOSS. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi @adamcolvin, I’m just very curious what were the “few pieces of software I just couldn’t do without.”

Cheers

Is it still for sale?
I’m interested …