Settings dialog clocks but will not load after upgrade to 10.3 on Librem 13

I have a Librem 13. As of a month ago (December 2023) the original OS could no longer be upgraded, so I upgraded OS versions to 10.3 at that point.

I just ran an apt update and upgrade, and now the Settings dialog clocks but will not load… I have no idea of how to begin to debug this.

Update:

I tried running gnome-control-center from the command line just for fun, and got this error:

libsoup2 symbols detected. Using libsoup2 and libsoup3 in the same process is not supported.

However, neither of those packages seems to be installed.

Which was what version?

Sounds to me that the way you upgraded was not valid and has resulted in A Mess™.

Some options would be:

• You did an image before starting the upgrade. You restore that image and try again with the upgrade.
  • You haul off all your personal content and reinstall from scratch and then restore your personal content. (This is a hassle because you would also have to reinstall any additional packages that you previously had installed and you would also have to re-establish any particular settings changes that you had made.)

If nothing else, can you do a Live Boot of 10.3 and confirm that gnome-control-center works fine when booted thus?

1 Like