Shipping schedule

I know that it had a separate thred some time back, but is it possible to get an update as to whether L5 phones are currently being made and shipped due to the coronavirus? My phone is dying by the day so an idea of how the shipping schedule is looking would be helpful.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I had to give up and buy a new android myself. The battery ribbon finally snapped after too many drops. (I never got a case for it.)

2 Likes

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear that :frowning: That seems like an easy repair job (like at your local game shop, phone medics or something, no?

I needed a new something. Also learning new behavior. Old android 4 you can touch icon once to answer a call. New one you have to hold down the ringing icon and slide it down. New ring tones and alarm clock tones. Took some getting used to. Just waiting for Evergreen then I can hand this one down to wife. When I’m used to the L5 then I’ll get one for her too.

4 Likes

That’d be funny if I died of corona virus a week before my batch was set to ship lol

4 Likes

Yes hilarious. ??? :slight_smile:

I had to replace my old phone yesterday. It was Android 2.3.6. Until 24 february whatsapp gave support. Sadly I could not find another old phone to use whatsapp. I prefer use that app isolated on old phones. Nothing more to spy

2 Likes

Oh, ha ha…I thought you had been Birch! A far better ending to the story than I had originally thought! :slight_smile:

2.3.6 ? That was like what circa 2007-8 ?? What device was it ? My favorite device was either the infamous HTC HD2 or The Mytouch4g slide .

Indeed, I did a mistake, my android version is 2.3.5!

The device is Motorola Electrify mb853

I am still using Telegram version 3.9.1 on it.

If only I could root it and upgrade the android version to 4.0 with a cyanogenmod ROM would be great. I have searched and today (2020) the links to do so are dead and the files gone.

1 Like

If you died of coronavirus, you would be rest assured that librem.one would delete your old emails within a month as promised.

2 Likes

what is this? anti virus feature :smiley: I assume not :smiley: Windows only and some macs use antivirus software.

Regards, Alex

Apologies. I was not aware the CoVid19 changed name to coronavirus, don’t watch tv or read general news.

Regards, Alex

2 Likes

Now THAT is customer service you can count on !

2 Likes

It’s the other way around.

In any case, to be more accurate … coronavirus is the name for a whole class of viruses, including the common cold and including the particular virus that is causing so much difficulty worldwide at the moment. That particular virus has been officially named COVID-19.

2 Likes