Has anyone else using the flatpak of Signal-desktop recently notice it using 100% CPU? When first launching it there is no intensive CPU resources being used, but once I look at a conversation or start messaging it stays at 100% CPU in Usage app and in top as well.
It seems that just using ctrl + Shift + C will exit any conversations and this will drop usage back to a normal levels.
I used to recommend Signal all the time for people, but honestly things keep getting worse with it, and I find all the constant updates just annoying. I think Matrix or XMPP are just much better solutions these days.
For a while the issue was resolved but now it looks like this bug has returned in version 6.30.1. When I open a conversation the CPU usage for one of the cores is either above 50% or nearly taking up the whole core at 95%.
I thought you could do it with the terminal OSKB but it doesn’t seem to work. Only works in convergence mode. Honestly I kind of hate using the desktop app on the L5. Running the actual client through waydroid is the way I’ve been going.