Sluggish WiFi as described by notebookcheck

Hi,

I have to say I am impressed by your work an what you do to the privacy aware community out there. Therefore I would like to purchase one of your librem13s. However on notebook check I found the result of very slow WiFi performance and I sadly was not able to find any comment on that neither by purism or the community here in the forum.
Is that a known issue and I have to live with it for privacy? Has that been another issue of the DUT in their lab? Has it probably already been resolved with v4?
A small comment would be appreciated.
Keep going with the great work!

Amie

in my experience (with a Librem 15 v4) the performance is good at optimal signal levels, but it seems to cope worse with low signal strength than my previous laptop

see also this topic Terrible WiFi performance with Librem13, Librem15

I recently went through a period of poor performance due to my TV broadcasting its presence on my wi-fi channel. (Printers can do this too.) Really killed performance. But my Librem laptop managed to stream videos and search results better than my other computers, running debian.
And I haven’t heard any complaints in the forum about bad performance due to software.
If you can’t get the range on 5 GHz, you should drop down to 2.4 GHz. If 2.4 is crowded, move to 5 where neighbor interference should be less.
If you don’t have 5 GHz, might be time to upgrade your router.

Librem 13 v 3 owner for a year and a half, not too happy with the WiFi perfomance. Signal strength is really an issue that drove me mad, so I bought a 12$ wifi dongle and it’s now working perfectly. Although, this isn’t something one should have to do for a laptop of this price. I hope purism figures it out with the next version.

I’ve also had signal problems. I’m tethering through my phone which is connected to the WiFi.