Status of Suspend for Librem 5

I just tested that on my phone, upon calling, the blinking blue LED almost immediatly showed up, then after some time (felt long but perhaps just 2s?) the lock screen showed up, then the wifi icon, then the 3G icon, then 4G and finally it rang briefly and I reached the voice mail on the calling phone and I see a missed call on the Librem 5.

So, the call is waking up the phone from suspend but the time to wake up is nearly long enough for the calling parting to reach the voice mail before there is any opportunity to answer the call.

Far from perfect but there is a notification and it is possible to call back. That said, the ringing was very brief so I could miss it and only see the notification after a long while.

EDIT: I tried SMS, blue LED showed up almost immediately, the lockscreen appeared, wifi went on, I waited but mobile didnā€™t come up. After playing with the kill switch, it finally came up and showed the SMS.

One other observation about suspend. The wifi hotspot (turn on last known created and used hotspot) does not reinitialize after suspend.

1. use hotspot
  2. suspend
  3. wifi connected devices loose connection
  4. wake L5
  5. wifi hotspot is not re-initialized instead it tries to connect to last known and connected wifi access point,

Change logic to do whatever was done last. Also if hotspot disconnects for whatever reason without user interaction, attempt to re-establish connection when wifi modem becomes available again. If re-initializing hotspot fails, then attempt to connect to last known wifi access point. If that fails do nothing and dont scan wifi access points until requested by user.

The last 2 Linux version it boost Powersave to L5, so i woUld like to know what it is the cuRrent status of power management of LIbrem 5 including the unfree software SparkLan card. I still do not have Sparklan to testingā€¦ so if soMebody can do the test i appreciate.
WWAN: ON
WLAN: ON
WPAN: ON
STR: ON

1 Like

For me suspend still doesnā€™t work: the connection to my provider drops entirely and has a hard time reconnecting.

Do you have das-uboot up to date in your Purism Librem 5?

You tell meā€¦ (Didnā€™t touch it.)

That begs the question, shouldnā€™t that just be something the whole update process looks after? Is there some other process other than using apt to keep our phones up to date?

1 Like

Thatā€™s going to depend on who you ask. And itā€™s one of those ones where you ask 4 people and get 5 different answers.

For my part Iā€™m less concerned with everything updating through a single location if all of the processes are clearly documented in a central location that is easily accessible, but even that leaves lots of room for interpretation. I donā€™t personally consider the code repository to be a valid location for this kind of documentation that IMO should be user facing.

Why does Purism offer us a function, without teling us about the required boot loader upgade?

Which I just did btw.

And a test call did manage to come through. Yea!

I will let you know about further suspend developmentsā€¦

Such is the way of rapid development, make improvements and ā€œweā€™ll catch up the documentation laterā€ but later almost never comes. FWIW this isnā€™t a problem unique to Purism, I see this in my work environment all the time. Even companies with seemingly infinite money are subject to this pitfall.

1 Like

Where did you find those instructions?

1 Like

ā€˜Rapidā€™, seems a strange choice of words in the context of the L5, but alright, Iā€™ll except it.

Above. Somewhere in november last year.

That link doesnā€™t work it seems.

EDIT: nvm I found the instructions and my bootloader starts with 2022 so Iā€™m good.

I wonder how important it is to upgrade the ModemManager (as descibed above)ā€¦

The ModemManager on my L5 is the 1.18.6 version (as mentioned somewhere above). So that apppears to be upgraded already.

Look up how long it took google to get the android right.

1 Like

Yet another change choice of words :wink:

1 Like