Status of Suspend for Librem 5

Oh, nice, that’s great to hear.

1 Like

Just curious how many rings before it wakes up? I’ve found my calls go to voicemail before my L5 awakens to actually ring which it doesn’t in time.

Good to know. I am waiting for support to help me too.

With the current state of software you can’t expect it to reliably manage to communicate with the modem on time, but this is going to change in the coming weeks:

7 Likes

Thanks for updating us on the technical details. This really helps.

1 Like

Wow, if that was the first ring that seems really fast, that’s awesome.

Yes, it was :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Is it possible to check the firmwares number by a terminal command? And which one is depreciated and whats the new version number?

Just put my L5 in suspend mode with the mobile-settings-app, ringed it with the fixed netwiork and there were no ringing. Now in the left top corner I have an orange ! above the signals symbol…after a while it disappeared.

2 Likes

The important thing is whether it woke up at all.

Well, I tried it several times now and finally the phone rang. So it should work with newer updates :wink: Pressing the power button awakes the phone from suspend regularly.
Maybe interesting for others: I received my phone in July 2022.

After following instructions from Purism support to upgrade the modem firmware, I can confirm that my primary phone wakes up on the first signal from another caller. It then takes a few seconds for the modem to establish contact so my phone starts ringing, but definitely in time for me to answer the call.

I am immensely pleased!

1 Like

Nice, good to see.

But does the incoming call awaken the phone from suspend reliably (even if it does not ring afterwards)?

I got and followed the modem flash instructions from support@ The L5 now comes out of suspend when it is called and I can answer the call fine.

On outgoing call I have no ring tone on my side anymore. The call itself is fine.

A big step forward. Thanks you Purism.

3 Likes

Same here, but for me not related to modem firmware update. Discussed here.

It’s related to VoLTE and happens only with some carriers. Perhaps VoLTE wasn’t being used before.

I will do some tests with VoLTE turned off and report back.

Just Purism.

1 Like

:heavy_plus_sign: :one:

purism@pureos:~$ sudo kermit ~purism/.kermrc
[sudo] password for purism: 
C-Kermit 9.0.305 OPEN SOURCE: Alpha.02, 19 Sep 2020, for Linux+SSL+KRB5 (64-bit)
 Copyright (C) 1985, 2020,
  Trustees of Columbia University in the City of New York.
Type ? or HELP for help.
(/home/purism/) C-Kermit>c
Connecting to /dev/ttyUSB3, speed 9600
 Escape character: Ctrl-U (ASCII 21, NAK): enabled
Type the escape character followed by C to get back,
or followed by ? to see other options.
----------------------------------------------------

OK
AT+BMSWVER
+BMSWVER: M100E_YCSN0_1.0.0_220926,YCSN0_M100E_1BAD_3117_V1.0.0.2_20220930,M100E_1.0.4_200715

OK
1 Like