I attempted to upgrade a few months ago, but gave up after I ran into some issues. Today I tried again, but was having trouble, possibly due to my previous attempt at getting
Finally, I started everything all over, it worked, and I’m now running Byzantium…a world of difference. Very nice!
I followed the guide at https://docs.puri.sm/Librem_5/Troubleshooting/Reflashing.html
But as Linux Mint is not on the latest Ubuntu version, the
uuu package wasn’t in my repo. I couldn’t do `sudo apt install uuu’, so I built it using the first part of this tutorial by @irvinewade (for which, thanks, IW!): https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/community-wiki/-/wikis/Building-uuu-and-Jumpdrive
debhelper version thing turned out not to matter: Flashing to Byzantium
I didn’t have any data that I really needed to back up, so I just let everything be wiped, in order to start fresh. I let the process complete, unplugged, powered on, and everything seems to have gone perfectly.
Everything looks super so far. Still exploring…
Edit: I used my Android’s USB cable.
This is not the LUKS version.