System authentication requirement for mounting decrypted LUKS NVMe drive

I have a LUKS encrypted NVMe drive in my Librem 13 that is not my boot drive, but which is integral to the running of several applications on my computer. I found that it was fairly straightforward to set it up so that it was automatically unlocked on boot, using a setting in Disks, but the drive does not mount without me authorizing the mount with my normal system login password. So I still can’t get the drive to mount automatically on boot, and have to remember to authorize it before using any apps that depend on it. I find this annoying. Any way to make this mount authorization automatic?

1 Like

There are two modifications in Disks that need to be made. Select the LUKS partition > Edit Mount Options and turn off the User Session Defaults option at the top of the form. In the “Partition” partition select the Encryption Options and turn off the User Session Defaults and add your passphrase. The partition should be available and mounted when the computer starts.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, this did not work. After making these changes, I couldn’t access the drive at all until I undid these steps.

1 Like

I use the same configuration on a Librem 5 and to mount several drives on a laptop, but not on a Librem 13. Perhaps there is a difference.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll see if anyone else has ideas, then ask tech support!

1 Like