The Librem 5 Mass Production Shipping FAQ

Is there any way to crudely estimate when L5 will arrive? I ordered (from EU) late Sept 2017 (I think it was 29 of Sep).

Short answer, no.

Long we answer, it depends on how crude of an estimate you’re willing to accept. I can estimate you will get your Librem 5 within the next 10 years with a reasonable degree of confidence. Others may be willing to estate within the single year timeframe and still others may venture to estimate within a range of months, however as the range of the estimate decreases the current level of precision also decreases.

I think it’s been pretty well stated by Kyle that Purism will need a few weeks of actual shipments to be able to provide a reasonable estimate. This is week 2 of evergreen shipments I believe so I would say 6 to 8 weeks from now would be a fair time to check back in.

1 Like

Although, they seem to be working through the September 2017 orders at the moment. Of course, it depends on how many units were pledged before your 29 September date. (Check the crowdfunding page on the web archive/Wayback Machine for a date close to yours and see what the count was.)

1 Like

Sept. 29 2017 there was approximately 862032$ of fundings

862032 / 599 = 1439

Minus the donations, the dev boards, the +screen packages

:pray: My very approximate gross estimation of your position is around 1375 :pray:

Now it does tell you when you’re gonna get it, but I think the L5 USA will be sent before yours
I think it depends on the ability of purism to send phones per day
You can theorize about it :
How many staff people are shipping ? how many phones per hour ? how many hours per day ? how many days per weeks ?
But all this is just food for thought

1 Like

Often discussed here and commented by Purism. They won’t give you an estimate. Shipping started. They fulfilled their (often postponed) generic promise (to the whole world and to those who still potentially want to pre-order). Your pesonal/inidvidual need for information does not bother them.

1 Like

I do not want to bother them. And if you mean they are indifferent, you are most probably wrong.

1 Like

Follow here: Another Evergreen in the wild! to the specific EU count down topic. Watch the delivery date relative to the order date.