The next chapter when it comes to denying refunds

Who hurt you? You sound like a butthurt Redditor :clown_face:

I wouldn’t take a refund if they threw money on top of it !! #FIRBATCH

…unless they said fir batch was no longer an option . Even then I’d just take an evergreen .

Don’t want my money back ! I want #FIR baby !!

2 Likes

It seems like a lot of impulse buyers got attracted to this development project. I cannot imagine throwing $600 at something that I do not understand.

5 Likes

or not quite decided whether I really want .

1 Like

That thinking is somewhat foreign to me. For “nice to have” items, I wait a month before ordering them, with the idea that if I no longer want it after a month, then it was not that important. I did not follow this rule for the Librem 5 because I wanted a Linux phone for a while, had experience with crowd funding similar items, researched the specs, and had purchased one of their laptops already.

2 Likes

As a new customer, I was glad for the words of warning; the anxiety I felt had already been stirring strongly. I thank benko, and a couple of others who posted pre-orders "for sale,” for doing me a favor.

It’s one thing to be an early backer of a Broadway show; you know it’s a gamble. I got into this only knowing there was a backlog of orders due to availability of hardware during this time. I didn’t have the full backstory. If a red and yellow notification had informed me, “You are participating in a (albeit reasonable) speculative crowdsource project as a “backer”; we do not consider this transaction to be an “order” or a “backorder” but a “pre-order” of a product no one has received yet; we have already missed our February target, and you will take your place in line behind other crowdsource backers who have been on board since cir. July 2020” — I probably would have walked away in admiration of the effort, purchased another brand, and put the Librem at the top of my list to start setting money aside for.

Early backers should be congratulated but should not begrudge a bit of anxiety tossed on their doorstep. They will get over it and can celebrate all the more when they take delivery of their machines.

I am thrilled to be entering the world of Linux and the great communities of users, enthusiasts, late-comers and early adopters. I am making friends, I want to make more, and I am not burning any bridges. I’m just taking a faster path to getting my eager fingers on a machine, and plan to come back to cross this bridge before too long.

Keep up the bucket brigade, and in the unlikely event of a worst-case scenario: That’s show biz, kid.

2 Likes

I there a TL:DR to this? About to place an order with them :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

You could sell it if it does not work out:

“Past performance is no guarantee of future results” By the time that you get yours, there will be more devices out there, and Purism will likely be able to ship from stock, or at least, much closer to being able to, but who knows what the demand will be.

But most importantly, understand what you are buying, what your needs will be, and expect to wait a long time.

1 Like

The same reply for me and I am in the same situation. I ordered my phone in Dec 2018. When my shipping position for Evergreen came closer in Dec last year, I did not get the phone and I also noticed several people who ordered later did get their phone. I asked for a refund and my refund request was met with a response that order is due to be shipped Q1 2021 and hence I’d get my refund in Q1 2021. Come Q1 2021, and it’s Q2 now, there’s no refund. On enquiry, they said they would give me store credit instead of refund. Suddenly I am even later in the shipping queue (and they do not have a daye) and they cannot give me a refund and it would take months before I reach my position in the queue.

I need the refund, so I have decided to wait. What really bothers me is the vague replies and lack of transparency throughout the process and the unfairness of it all.

I’ll never buy from them again. And I hope I get my refund. Let my story be a warning to others.

2 Likes

Is this right? If you ordered a year after the early backers, I don’t see how you could have gotten your phone so early.

They haven’t received their phone. That’s the point of their post.

1 Like

Yeah, I understand that, but how could @ssn have expected to be receiving an Evergreen at that time, having ordered it in Dec 2018, over a year after the crowdfunding campaign.

And I don’t know how anyone who ordered even later than @ssn could have received an Evergreen. Not saying it didn’t happen, but maybe they could cite them for us…?

Maybe I’m just not understanding what he/she is saying.

There were at least few articles in News and Events at store’s front page last year and before that announcing when our phones and which batches would be shipped, the plan, etc. So assuming that where he got his expectation for his position to receive shipment. I just visited News and Events to find articles and post em here but couldn’t find them. Seemly they’re already omitted, including some other unrelated news I recalled reading before.

1 Like

These?

This tag should pull up all the L5 posts, newest first: https://puri.sm/posts/category/librem-5/

Oh yeah these. I didn’t look closely at tags as I didn’t realize that’s the new search engine. Too bizarre for my eyes. I guess I’m just used to search engine where I can type in using key words that some websites have their own internals or visit every pages base on date.

1 Like

I think when the first posts were released saying shipping would start in November '20, it wasn’t made explicitly clear that shipping would be in small batches. I know I originally assumed that to mean one large batch that would clear the entire pre-order list in one go within a month or two.

In hindsight obviously naiive and due to the fact I don’t have any experience with how this works but I imagine others had a similar impression.

2 Likes

Well, to be fair nobody saw Covid-19 coming and trust me, it had a huge impact which is still present course. A bit more of understanding would be nice and you “paid” for the phone on a lower price than it is now :slight_smile: a bit of more positivity is needed in your world.

1 Like

Yu can alwasy call your bank to intialise charge back procedure.
ChargeBack is a service delivered to all creditcard holders by Card Vendor.
What is nice within this is: suppiler need to prove that he delivered you goods. otherwisie : Guilty as charge.
You will get your money back.

The client that originated this thread has been refunded for his order one and a half months ago.

As he reached his place in the shipping queue and we proceeded with his refund.

As such I am closing this thread, but not deleting it.

3 Likes