Thoughts on transfering files between Qemu host and guest operating systems

I am setting up Qemu on PureOS and am using multiple vms to segregate different activities (think of it as Qubes light or Qemubes)

There are 3 ways that one can transfer files between the host and guest OS and vice versa:

1. ssh: This requires that the guest have sshd installed and running. It has the advantage that one can set it up so that one pushes from the host or pulls it from the guest.

2. Samba. This requires that smbd run on the guest machine. It has the advantage that once set up, moving the file from the host to the guest and vice versa is a bit easier;

3. Mount a shared filesystem between the host and the guest. Configuring permissions is not transparent and so one could open one to risk of which one is not aware.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

What do you mean by that?

A local disk device that is at one time mounted on the host and at another time mounted on the guest?

A remote file system (on a physically separate computer) that is potentially mounted concurrently on both the host and the guest?

Another option: NFS.

It looks like it is nfs

My VMs are typically Windows, so Samba is what I use for this. The setup is a headache, but you only have to do it once and then it works every time.