Two questions concerning video player

I was wondering if the video player that come with pureos can use the touchpad control, like quicktime does. By that i mean “double finger slide to the right” to advance the video smootly, and the same thing for reverse playing? It’s a function i think i’ll miss.

Also, I cannot find how can we open two videos at the same time… Sorry for this second dumb question.

Edit: I found that sliding up and down does indeed advance the video, but without being able to see the actual video smootly advance… So my question become if this is possible to implement.

I dust off my Librem 5 just for testing Livi Player v0.6 then Video Code Hard Accel just not working…but of course Clapper DOES.

Purism :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Clapper still does not work for me, even on Crimson. All I get is a black screen.

Weird, what is specs of the video code file?

1 Like

Nothing special about the video file.

I can play it in Firefox ESR with no issues whatsoever.

1 Like

Can you share the output of clapper on console?

gnu$ clapper video.format

1 Like

I found a solution.

The Flatpak in the PureOS Store does not work, but the other package from PureOS’ repository (sudo apt install clapper) works just fine.

Great.

Just for the Record that if you want to see the Real Butter and Optimized Video on Librem 5, make sure the video source is under the 60fps by 720p andvideo format hard accel compat.

Purism :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like