Consequently I lost the Files and Store
How do I get them back?

sudo apt update
sudo apt install librem5-gnome

what do i do with this?

Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:
The following packages have unmet dependencies: nautilus : 
Depends: nautilus-data (= 3.38.2-1pureos3) but 3.38.2-1+deb11u1pureos1 is to be installed
Recommends: gnome-sushi but it is not going to be installed pureos-store : Depends: pureos-store-common (=41.beta+really41.4-0pureos1) but 41.beta+really41.4-0pureos2 is to be installed

E: Unable to correct the problems you have held  broken packages

it doesnt let me install any of the indovidual pacjages

OK then, do this:

sudo rm /var/lib/apt/lists/*

Make sure to type it exactly as written above! Then retry:

sudo apt update

It returns two lines

rm: cannot remove ‘/car/liberation/apt/lists/auxfiles’ : Is a directory

And another

‘…/lists/partial’ : Is a directory

??
Now try and update

That’s fine, proceed with the other commands.

:rofl:
what happens when working on small screen with auto complete
it meant to say /var/lib/apt/lists/*

Meaning - not delete the two directories /var/lib/apt/lists/auxfiles and …/lists/partial
and just do the update
or meaning - delete the two folders …/lists/auxfiles and …/lists/partial and then continue with the update and the install librem5-gnome
??
Thank you for your patience

Meaning - now do this:

sudo apt update

Great
Seems to be fine now.
can you explain the original issue?
Cheers

A few things happening together actually… We’re suffering from some weird and yet-undiagnosed bug, probably in apt, that makes it keep outdated package lists even though newer ones are already available on the server. You ended up with those lists being partially outdated, which led to dependency issues, which then led to PackageKit resolving these issues by removing conflicting packages… What we did was to remove the package lists to force them to be redownloaded from scratch, and then reinstall the main metapackage that defines what gets installed on the phone by default.

The next version of librem5-base will be marked as protected, which should prevent its removal from happening in the future.

4 Likes

Very interesting to hear.
Thanks for taking the time to explain.
I appreciate it.
Cheers

sudo rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/* && sudo apt update && sudo apt install librem5-gnome

?

Thanks but I am already sorted
Cheers