Updated Librem Social close (crash) on iOS

Just upgraded to the Librem Social 1.0.2 in iOS 13.1.2 (iPhone XS Max) and iPadOS 13.1.2 (iPad Pro 9.7 inch).
The Librem Chat closes - crash in both devices when I am going to open any of the images in the toots.
Someone else? Is it an update issue or is it a problem of mine?

Just updated now. I am able to open images. No crash.

General advice on iPhone. If it keeps crashing:

1. Reboot the iPhone
  2. If that doesn’t work, reinstall

Good luck.

Edit: I’m on an iPhone 6s, so it is possible that the model of iPhone, and on the iPad, could cause different behavior. But still recommend the above 2 steps.

3 Likes

Hi @jose

Thank you for reporting this. I would recommend the same that @leetaur recommended:

If the problem persists after that, please let us know, so we can investigate further.

In any case we have created a ticket to track this issue:

3 Likes

hello Joao & Leetaur,

• devices rebooted: the same, when I click on a image, the application closes.
  • application Librem Social reinstalled & reloged: idem.

I have extended the test to an iPhone X, iPhone XS Max, iPad Pro 9,7 & iPad (6th. gen.)
All with iOS 13.1.2 (or iPadOS 13.1.2). I not have any device with an older iOS to test.

Tested also with my instances social.librem.one & mastodon.social

Maybe that my devices are with the S.O. installed in `Spanish’?

thanks and saludos,
jose.

The version of iOS is probably important. I am still running on iOS 12.4.1, and the new version of Librem Social is working fine.

I tend to “hang back” from the major releases on my personal device. I’ve been bitten a few times.

I will say that at my company we had to update a number of apps to maintain compatibility on iOS 13. I wish I could give details, but they are internal (enterprise) apps. I’m not supposed to share which ones we have :slight_smile:

Edit: You can find crash logs for apps on your device following these instructions:

I don’t think it will help you directly (it is nasty to read), but might help Purism if you send them a copy of the relevant log.

2 Likes

@jose we have found the error that causes the crash in iOS. In the next few days an update will be made available in iOS to fix the issue.

The problem was an API that changed in iOS 13. More detailed explanations can be found here:

2 Likes

Thank you for your speed and efficiency! great!

saludos,
jose.

Another Hello!

I think there is a similar problem with the API’s in Librem Social 1.0.3 for iOS, but this time related to the video. The crash is the same: when I click on a video, the Librem Social 1.0.3 crash.

thanks and saludos,
jose.

Thanks for reporting, i will take this issue with the developers. This issue can be tracked from the same link as before

1 Like