USB-DCP-5V-1.5A protocol and Librem 5

As you somehow (while I needed some time) encouraged myself to test further 5.20V voltage with my Librem 5, finally I did this:

@dos, thank you very much for everything you do for Purism!

P.S. I needed (or just by having it around, some additional safety related) special USB3.1 cable with built-in E-mark chip, as shown, for this (above USB2.0) setup, but almost everything posted here should be seen as partially irrelevant for here presented output of my own above 5.0V charging voltage focus (as long as I’m not getting some interfering/disturbing electromagnetic frequencies/ripples). And, this is not my permanent nor recommended charging setup (although running it non-stop with my very first Librem 5 phone for several days now).

@irvinewade, as I was very lucky and as I mentioned in my original post here, below PD USB-C 15W power supply (SB-AC16-TCUS) is still the one of my very favorite power supplies for charging of the Librem 5 (therefore I’d never ever sell it away):

Could you please show a better photo of the device itself or a pointer to the manual etc. Thanks

1 Like

I cannot say much other than it was from some old stock (and that PHIHONG TECHNOLOGY CO. is well known manufacturer):

EDIT: Google actually bought TC G1000 from Phihong (for their Pixel smartphones) and when I get more time I might make some review of this power supply charging Librem 5 (if any interest available). This is indeed one of the best and most reliable PD power supplies for charging of the Librem 5 (up to my own expectations/approach :wink:).

… is definitively a serious charging source: