Web Browsers: test results for privacy and security

Browsers for desktop:

===
(Epiphany not tested. I would like to see how it compares, especially as there seem to be so few privacy adjustments that can be made to it.)

3 Likes

I wonder why they don’t have GNU IceCat.

2 Likes

This seems to me like something that should be hosted in a github/gitlab type service where it can be consistently updated and tracked as well as where the different settings can be given different weights.

Giving different settings different weights I think is also a step toward showing the tradeoffs on some settings between privacy, anonymity, and security as not always can you have all 3 maxed out.

2 Likes

They seem to be doing that. I first found the table from an older link to it, but I see below the table that the results are as recent as last month.

1 Like

I’d like to see that, too.

2 Likes

This site has been referenced here in the forums a couple of times over the years. The admin seems to update the list a few times a year and has done so now 91 times. The list has updated and included more browsers over time and you can probably ask directly why Epiphany is not there, via email (contact@privacytests.org), Twitter, or github [yes, this is in github - see the “About” link on the page]. Or github ticket: Add more browsers · Issue #66 · privacytests/privacytests.org · GitHub

4 Likes