Librem 15v4:

Pro:

• Great big display with slim bezel

Con:

• fan is to loud
  • Really to big for a 15inch notebook
  • heavyweight
  • useless num-key that makes the notebook bigger
  • trackpad is on the left side ( looks stupid)

→ Problem: The components are the same in both notebooks and in the 15inch model you can see inside so much space and they could do a better job

I tell you the main focus model from purism is the 13inch model.
So buy this one, because it’s better designed. Only if you hate small displays take the big one.

What do you think? Which notebook you prefer?

• Librem 13v4
  • Librem 15v4
0 voters

There is no exploration why the 15inch model costs so much. (Only they want your money :wink: )

hate small displays but love 1080p :stuck_out_tongue: … let’s see if 2020 brings a nice dual-channel RAM

so far i’ve seen that people make good use of SSDs for both SATA and NVME from the Shang-Sung lineup (860 and 970 pro come to mind but i’ve seen that the EVO is used just as much) … i would love to see if someone has gotten a DCT (data-center) model (sata or nvme) working and how it performs …

for me mobility is essential hence I’m always putting <=13.3" filter when shopping for laptop - i do not even consider taking anything bigger than that. And then i choose from what is available at that filter.

2 Likes

This is down to personal preference and needs. The Creative Director of Purism used the 15" laptop for video work; especially for the graphics capability. See Link: https://wp.puri.sm/posts/see-your-junk-behind-the-scenes/

The choices between the 13" Laptop vs 15" Laptop are dependent on your needs. For what I need, the 15" Laptop suits my business needs perfectly because of its capabilities and storage choices. The larger screen and multiple connection ports - like HDMI for a second monitor - are crucial to my workflow.

I guess the 4K UHD panel in the 15" costs a bit more than the FHD panel in the 13".

I consider 15" to be small. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not true, you can check in on of my topic witch panel they use. you can buy it für around 70 USD. The hardware isn’t for what your are paying in purism notebooks