When will librem 5 start shipping?

Thanks for the info. Good stuff.

1 Like

I think the Stylus is just for precision in the videos :wink:

5 Likes

thanks that does answer my question. I can’t wait for this thing.

3 Likes

Wow! Someone republished my video on YouTube! :open_mouth: Well, at least it got 1 like. :blush:

6 Likes

Do you have the original link? I’d rather follow you and like your video.

1 Like

I also wondered where I had seen that before and found it in the “End of May Progress” post, and enriched the timeline accordingly :wink:
Librem 5 — Development Chronology

5 Likes

It would be great, if the videos are publishen on peertube too.

3 Likes

They are working on it (commented on that on several of the daily posts over on Librem Social).

2 Likes

Did anyone else notice the sidenote in this announcement?

Side note: If you pre-order the Librem 5 before July 31st, you save $50. And fifty bucks is fifty bucks.

So it seems preorders will be available until at least July 31st. Unlikely it will ship before August? I’m just hungry for clues like anyone else tbh :smiley:

6 Likes

Good observation :sunglasses:
I never really expected July anyway. I expect final specs / announcement in July.
But quite likely, production will not start before August, so shipping might still be September.

5 Likes

Obviously, we don’t know all the story.
Hardware design seems to be more advanced than the news on the official website suggests.

Certainly, they know whether it’s going to be 4 or 8 GB of RAM :slight_smile:
Most likely, they also know the camera. Or, they currently try to be 100% certain that some better module will work.
Best case scenario, they’ll show us a real prototype in July :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Would be super rad if they could show a prototype at a Linux meeting/expo. (BTW infinite high five if you get to have a prototype to show us in Europe)

3 Likes

seems like our s3ns0rs will finnally get their wish to compare it to the samsung note 10 releasing later in q3.

Combine that side note with the statement found in this article:

“You can preorder the phone at $649 until shipping begins and regular pricing comes into effect.”

This leaves for only one logical conclusion:
The phone will start shipping on July 31st…

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Blockquote
This leaves for only one logical conclusion:
The phone will start shipping on July 31st…

I like to believe that your wishful logic won’t apply

I hope that Purism developers will stick to the objective of
making the most amazing Librem 5 by maximizing development time
as long as necessary & realistically possible.

1 Like

yes but I would say that the hardware part is basically done at this point. Everything else is software and that can all be done with an update.

4 Likes

How do you know that about the hardware. I have not seen any L5 until know. And Q3 goes until September 30, IIRC.

1 Like

It is somewhat implied by “shipping in Q3”. In the updates about the dev-kits it was implied that from the final Go! to first output/samples it takes somewhere between 4 and 8 weeks (closest statement I could find quickly).
So, beginning of August should be the latest to give the final go, unless they already have.
And as I hope that they test samples before producing thousands, “basically done” seems a fair assumption, given that the above 2018 update also said “phone design schematics are pretty much complete”.

Impatiently waiting for the July update…

8 Likes

Agreed there has to be some more information coming down the pipe hopefully in that july update. Right now we are all guessing and hoping.

1 Like