Where/How to find L5 IMEI #?

Does anyone know where/how i can obtain my L5’s IMEI number from? I’m trying to register the Liquid Glass protector that I purchased and requires me to input this info? I dont see any IMEI # listed on the SIM card slot. Is there a way to pull it up from the terminal? I could not find anything listed for it under Settings within the Gnome environment of PureOS.

1 Like

Why would they need that?

2 Likes

Settings -> Mobile -> Modem Details

That said - why would you need IMEI for that???

2 Likes

Do you know if IMEI numbers are tied to SIM cards? At the moment I dont have a SIM card install…and when i look in that suggested area…its says NoSIM -insert a SIM card to use this modem.
International Mobile Equipment Identity should be tied to the modem of the phone not the SIM card as i understand it.
To answer your question on why Liquid Glass requires this info is beyond me.

1 Like

Do you have to register that product? What happens if you don’t?

Edit: I contacted them, I’m quite curious what their answer is.

2 Likes

Right, the UI doesn’t get shown at all when there’s no SIM. You should be able to get the IMEI via mmcli -m any.

Also, IMEI is printed on the modem, which you can see after taking the backplate off and unscrewing the M.2 cards cover.

4 Likes

They are not. The IMEI is an identifier for your device. In this case, the replaceable modem in your L5.

1 Like

If you dial: *#06# That should also bring up the IMEI number.
I don’t know how/if it’s implemented in PureOS (yet) though.

1 Like

Doesn’t work for me. Spins endlessly. (amber) See also: USSD codes on the Librem 5

Unclear whether it would work anyway without a SIM, which is the OP’s scenario.

1 Like

“error: couldn’t find modem”

In fact, there is a modem, and I got the IMEI from it by following the second suggestion, but I find it disturbing that the OS doesn’t think it’s there. For now, it’s a moot point, because independent SPs appear not to actually support this phone at all. In effect, it’s a very expensive paper weight that I waited nearly 3 years for, which doesn’t even seem able to hold a charge despite being entirely unused.

1 Like

Per other threads on this forum, your charge problem might be alleviated by going into the settings and enabling the “automatic suspend” which may visually change nothing but eliminate idle battery drain.

2 Likes