Where/How to find L5 IMEI #?

Does anyone know where/how i can obtain my L5’s IMEI number from? I’m trying to register the Liquid Glass protector that I purchased and requires me to input this info? I dont see any IMEI # listed on the SIM card slot. Is there a way to pull it up from the terminal? I could not find anything listed for it under Settings within the Gnome environment of PureOS.

Why would they need that?

1 Like

Settings -> Mobile -> Modem Details

That said - why would you need IMEI for that???

1 Like

Do you know if IMEI numbers are tied to SIM cards? At the moment I dont have a SIM card install…and when i look in that suggested area…its says NoSIM -insert a SIM card to use this modem.
International Mobile Equipment Identity should be tied to the modem of the phone not the SIM card as i understand it.
To answer your question on why Liquid Glass requires this info is beyond me.

Do you have to register that product? What happens if you don’t?

Edit: I contacted them, I’m quite curious what their answer is.

1 Like

Right, the UI doesn’t get shown at all when there’s no SIM. You should be able to get the IMEI via mmcli -m any.

Also, IMEI is printed on the modem, which you can see after taking the backplate off and unscrewing the M.2 cards cover.

2 Likes

They are not. The IMEI is an identifier for your device. In this case, the replaceable modem in your L5.

If you dial: *#06# That should also bring up the IMEI number.
I don’t know how/if it’s implemented in PureOS (yet) though.

Doesn’t work for me. Spins endlessly. (amber) See also: USSD codes on the Librem 5

Unclear whether it would work anyway without a SIM, which is the OP’s scenario.