Workout/GPS tracking app

Hello,

I’m starting to incorporate my Librem5 into my daily life over my iPhone and one thing I haven’t found a replacement for is my workout tracking app, Strava. Does there exist an app that will track a run/walk/bike ride? Preferably something that can be uploaded into Strava or some other fitness tracker?

Thanks!

1 Like

This is not exactly what you’re looking for, as I think it only covers cardio, but maybe it can be useful as a supplement:

1 Like

Oh thanks! This looks like a helpful thread. The app looks promising for me, but just missed that key tracking feature…maybe something else is out there.

1 Like

Interested in the answer as well.

I use FitoTrack, which is a free software app for Android. Then I upload the GPX file to Strava.

It’s been working okay, except that I need to make a small modification to the file before upload, and Strava usually messes up the speed somehow (sometimes badly - last weekend I apparently did a 55km bike ride in about 44 hours, even though it got the correct moving time…).

I wonder how feasible it would be to create a FitoTrack build for Linux, and avoid reinventing the wheel and maintaining two apps.

But maybe somebody is already working on a Linux-specific app that I’m not aware of.

Yeah, it seems like it could be a very simple application to just track location or other relevant metrics periodically. I would love it if someone would pay me to sit around and write apps that I see a need for and contribute to those that are almost already there.

1 Like

Jogger (project page) is a new fitness tracker that released this week and lists these features (info and screenshots taken from the Flathub page):

• Track a workout using Geoclue location
  • Local or gTTS based voice announcements while tracking
  • Import workouts from a Fitotrack export
  • Manually enter a workout
  • View, Edit and Delete workout details
  • Calculate calories burned for workouts

5 Likes

This looks great!

1 Like

I also use Fitotrack (though not Strava) so that’s pretty much what I was aiming for with Jogger. Ability to export to GPX is not there yet but will likely add it at some point.

1 Like