Worst Service Refund not processed since July 2021

I ordered a Product from Purism " Order #Purism_3074989312] (July 12, 2021)". This order was never delivered. I requested for a Refund and the Refund was never given. A chain email since 2021 is there where PURISM is Confirming that they will REFUND, but they have not refunded till now.

THIS IS A CLASSIC EXAMPLE and WARNING TO ALL BUYERS. IF YOU BUY FROM THEM, IF YOU REQUEST FOR A REFUND FOR NON DELIVER, IT WILL NEVER COME. BE CAREFUL EVERYONE.

Several Federal and state laws stipulate time frames beyond which, you are entitled to a refund. The deadlines are generally between thirty to ninety days. But it may just be easier to go through your credit card company. Typically, most credit card companies will apply your refund to your account immediately, before even asking the seller to respond. Unless the seller is complying with the law, you win. The banks don’t care about any excuses by the seller. If you didn’t get your product, the bank just takes your side.

Thank you for a reply. Do you think, I posted this without checking my bank account and credit card account? The REFUND has ACTUALLY DID NOT HAPPEN. I AM TIRED OF FOLLOWING UP. AT LEAST 10-12 FOLLOW UP has been there in a Chain Email. THEY JUST DONT CARE. JUST GIVE FALSE PROMISE. " support@puri.sm" This person from Purism replies but fake promises of refund.

(mod edit: unpersonalized email)

What did you order? Just curious.

When you placed your order Purism claimed:

Place your order now, get it Q4 2021 – Q1 2022

They obviously couldn’t ship your (or anyone elses phone) in time, which means according to the FTC MAIL, INTERNET, OR TELEPHONE ORDER MERCHANDISE rule you’re entitled to a prompt refund. That means once you’ve informed Purism about your intend to get a refund, because they couldn’t ship your phone in time, they have seven working days to sent you the money.

Tell Purism that, if they don’t follow the law, tell your bank that and ask them to revert the transaction, otherwise inform the FTC. They have a simple online tool where you can report fraud like that.

Please don’t doxx or post personal attacks. The person you mention is a representative of Purism, and you have a beef with Purism. I edited your message to reflect that.

2 Likes
Librem 14 version 1 1 $2,165.00
Battery:

Librem 14 Battery - 4-cell|1||
|Memory:

Memory (DDR4): 32GB (2x16GB)|1||
|Storage (M.2 SSD):

Storage (M.2 SSD): 500GB (NVMe)|1||
|Power Adapter Plug:

Power Adapter Plug: US|1||
|Wireless:

Wireless Card (Laptops)|1||
|Firmware:

Firmware: PureBoot Bundle Plus (PureBoot + Librem Key Shipped Separately + Vault USB Drive)|1||
|Operating System:

Operating System: PureOS|1||
|Warranty:

Warranty: 1 Year|1||
|Privacy Screen:

Privacy Screen for Librem 14|1||

I have been emailing Purism for 1 year now. Even now if I email, they say we are escalating but the problem is they do not process the refund.

You seem to be sensitive. You tell me what kind of customer service is this where I am emailing him/her for 1 year and he/she is so insensitive that he/she is not even following up with his/her company. I have nothing against Purism but i have the worst experience with them.

That’s why I listed the other options as well: tell your bank and/or the FTC about this fraud, because what Purism is doing is illegal.

Edit: Why is it illegal? According to the MAIL, INTERNET, OR TELEPHONE ORDER MERCHANDISE RULE it says:

16 CFR 435.2(b): Where a seller is unable to ship merchandise within the applicable time set forth in paragraph (a)(1) of this section, to fail to offer to the buyer, clearly and conspicuously and without prior demand, an option either to consent to a delay in shipping or to cancel the buyer`s order and receive a prompt refund. Said offer shall be made within a reasonable time after the seller first becomes aware of its inability to ship within the applicable time set forth in paragraph (a)(1) of this section, but in no event later than said applicable time. [Source]

Where a “prompt refund” means:

16 CFR 435.1(b)(1): Where a refund is made pursuant to paragraph (d)(1), (d)(2)(ii), (d)(2)(iii), or (d)(3) of this section, a refund sent by any means at least as fast and reliable as first class mail within seven (7) working days of the date on which the buyer’s right to refund vests under the provisions of this part. [Source]

So to summarize: According to @amanuensis Purism delayed the order, which according to 16 CFR 435.2(b) means Purism must give them the option for a prompt refund. According to @amanuensis they did opt for a refund. According to 16 CFR 435.1(b)(1) this means Purism now had seven working days to send the refund. According to @amanuensis the refund was never processed or received. So if what @amanuensis says is correct, then that’s illegal.

At the end of last year I purchased something from the United States and it is currently transported toward my destination country (from Switzerland). Therefore I think that @amanuensis might give us a break, nothing else, especially as I’m not going to cancel my order (neither that I ever have had such intention, refund requesting intention).

The thing is I cancelled the order and requested REFUND 1 year back. They just dont Initiate Refund. They say, we are escalating, we are processing etc. But never confirmed that Refund is Processed from their side. Its clear matter of CHEATING.

No one asked you to cancel your order, so I don’t see how your post is relevant to anything that is discussed here.

I am sorry that you’re unhappy about your experience. I hope you’re going to get your satisfaction in the end.

Meanwhile, all I do is keep the forum civil.

1 Like

If you’re throwing “illegal” around, show the judgements. The forum is not a place for bare accusations against anyone, Purism or not. Do your homework and back it up. I hid your posts until you make them whole.

It was delayed, so we cancelled the order. Are you a spoke person for Purism? I see someone even edited my post saying I want this forum civil, did i ever use foul language? Suppressing a dejected customer voice is not good. I gave an honest post because I am angry. How will you all feel if your refund is promissed for 1 year and no refunded in real? Do you want to see how many emails we exchanged between Purism? Keep yourself in my shoe and think.

Dont say, why did I cancel the order. Many people do, if they dont get order in time. Its normal.

I am sorry, you hide this post? WHY? Did i use any foul language or anything? Can we not post unsatisfactory remarks here? Or is this Forum only about saying good things about Purism. Suppressing a dejected customer voice is not appreciated.

What was said is the post was hidden got claiming that what Purism is doing is illegal and for @cbl to show the judgement proving illegality or remove the claim of illegality.

Edit: @cbl might be able to clarify that your statement is alleging illegality not making an affirmative statement that there is a legal judgement against purism for this specific instance.

I’m not going to weigh in on the merits of that here, just trying to reword things to maybe help clarify what was said.

The last time I linked to the FTC rules, which are there to carry out the laws that protect consumers from deceptive and unfair business practices in particular industries, such as telemarketing, my account got suspended. That’s why I didn’t link to them again. If you’re now telling me that I’m allowed to do that, I’ll happily provide them.

According to the MAIL, INTERNET, OR TELEPHONE ORDER MERCHANDISE RULE:

16 CFR 435.2(b): Where a seller is unable to ship merchandise within the applicable time set forth in paragraph (a)(1) of this section, to fail to offer to the buyer, clearly and conspicuously and without prior demand, an option either to consent to a delay in shipping or to cancel the buyer`s order and receive a prompt refund. Said offer shall be made within a reasonable time after the seller first becomes aware of its inability to ship within the applicable time set forth in paragraph (a)(1) of this section, but in no event later than said applicable time. [Source]

Where a “prompt refund” means:

16 CFR 435.1(b)(1): Where a refund is made pursuant to paragraph (d)(1), (d)(2)(ii), (d)(2)(iii), or (d)(3) of this section, a refund sent by any means at least as fast and reliable as first class mail within seven (7) working days of the date on which the buyer’s right to refund vests under the provisions of this part. [Source]

So to summarize: According to @amanuensis Purism delayed the order, which according to 16 CFR 435.2(b) means Purism must give them the option for a prompt refund. According to @amanuensis they did opt for a refund. According to 16 CFR 435.1(b)(1) this means Purism now had seven working days to send the refund. According to @amanuensis the refund was never processed or received. So if what @amanuensis says is correct, then that’s illegal.

Edit: Do you need any more information?

I didn’t touch your posts, I replied to someone else.

1 Like