Yeah.... About that anonymized data of yours

Includes details about how the data was de-anonymized to target the priest:

1 Like

Yea, so when do I get my L5 again? :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :sweat_smile:

In a world that everything’s a snitch - perhaps a competitive advantage is the ability to keep a secret?

1 Like

Wow. I knew they sold the data. It never occurred to me to buy it to do some snooping.

Great point. The L5 / Pinephones are the anti-snitch phones. What a great way to frame that.

2 Likes

Totally agree. Ouch. Yeah, going out with any phone with the modem turned on… people can figure out where you went, even with anonymized data.

I wish the Pinephone had the kill switches on the outside, since that is what I have right now. Very anxious for the L-5 to come.

2 Likes

That is why I never bought a Pinephone either.

I watched a video recently about the dangers of cel phones and holding them up to your head. I understand the inverse square law relationship and that cancer rates have not spiked despite increased use of cel phones, but I just like knowing that I can flip a switch and turn off the signalling when I am in the elevator or just need to put the phone in my pocket and not have that thing in the back of my head whispering that the phone is cooking my flesh.

Yes, yes, I know.

Fortunately I absolutely hate actual phone calls, so my brain exposure is minimal. :slightly_smiling_face:

On the other hand, the phone is constantly transmitting in my pants pocket. :grimacing:

Have you thought about using a dremel tool and creating a little access window to the dip switches?

1 Like

Well… This is disturbing: https://www.vice.com/en/article/epnmvz/industry-unmasks-at-scale-maid-to-pii