Yeeet , the citizens are receiving their L5!

That battery is very thick in the photos. It looks like a 3500mAh battery to me. I wonder if 2000mAh is simply a mislabel by the manufacturer.

Hopefully someone will take some measurements of the battery and we can compare it to the volume in other batteries which have 3500mAh.

3 Likes

output of udevadm info /sys/class/power_supply/BAT0 should help to dissipate speculations :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve got a milwaukee heated jacket so I’m planning to charge mine off of that in the winter and the m12 red lithium system (that you can usb charge from while heating the jacket or just on its own) is detachable so I’ll just carry it with me in the summer. Buddy in the video is right though people do ask questions for no reason,worse, people walking on the sidewalk who veer towards you like a moth.

Were you possibly speaking with me about that jacket just the other day on another forum ? You were explaining the signifigance of the colors and I posted my milwaukee m18 fuel brushless 1/2" hammer drill ?

Oh, ha ha , nope wasn’t me. …guess the universe is trying to be your personal shopper :slight_smile: I know the ladies models only come in m12, but I don’t know if the mens has m18 (?).

No , my m18 was the hammerdrill . The m12 was the hoodie person was showing me and theyd just got a big m12 pack for it . Pretty cool concept.

1 Like

That’s what I thought at first, because I remember how fat it looked I the video where Todd was breaking it apart. But, then how do I know if they decided to cut the cost last minute or something.
It doesn’t make sense to make the thickest phone on the market today (almost twice as avg), with the smallest battery in it. What, ppl would pass on it , because 1 or 2mm thicker? :slight_smile: There is literally no excuse for 2000 mAh. So, has to be a wrong labeling. Wouldn’t be a first for sure. Seen that before, though not by this much. Usually it was in the 100s of mAh.

@reC
Your old Blackberry still has way better CPU and integrated modem when it comes to power efficiency. Not to mention the screen close to half of the size and pixels to push. (3.1in,720x720). Also L5 is gonna be more capable and therefore pushed harder.
It’s really inadequate comparison in my opinion.

maybe it is but the OS in my blackberry has reached it’s manufacturer imposed EOL long ago … screen is too small for ANY kind of useful web browsing … L5 will only go up from here on …

1 Like

Well that is not confidence inspiring . Wrong labeling on a battery induces vision of cheap chinese batteries grenading in your pocket. Im hoping it was an actual 2000mAh battery rather than a mislabeled 3000-3500mAh battery as the mislabled ones usually come from factories that dont care enough about qc to actually check the voltage before they slap a label on it . Hopefully it is quality enough to have overcharge cutoff circuit in it .

2 Likes

I would agree, but somebody would look pretty foolish using such a jacket in Yuma, AZ or in Darwin, Australia. The uses for such a heated jacket are best limited to the winter climate season of appropriate temperate regions, but not to mid summer weather or the tropics!

You mean they’re not three triple-A’s like I predicted?

2 Likes

The heated hoodie sausage looks pretty cute in it !! :wink:

Has anyone received their Chestnut L5? It should have been shipping for two weeks now, https://puri.sm/posts/librem-5-shipping-announcement/.
Or if not, has at least anybody been asked for their modem choice on a Chestnut?

1 Like

According to this post Chestnut phones will ship by the end of the month

5 Likes

Why are the early backer devices now being called “developer devices” like we’re pine phone or something (because we’re not and I’ve found this community of backers very inclusive :slight_smile: )

6 Likes

Legally Purism can only ship a phone which hasn’t yet been approved by the FCC if it is a developer device.

5 Likes

I got a pre-shipping email yesterday asking for choice of modem and charger as well as confirmation of shipping address. No shipping confirmation yet.

5 Likes

Something similar to this?

2 Likes

Yep, that’s the one.

Ah. If I were to have misgivings about that the time would obviously be later once things are well established to express them.