Yet another MMS thread

I’m not sure what’s happening to my MMS messages now. They were working but since swapping around SIM cards to do some testing, I can’t send or receive MMS messages anymore. Actually I recieve them as they show up in the ~/.mms/modemmanager/ directory but nothing shows up in chatty. Sending puts the file in the same directory but nothing gets sent.

One step forward, two steps back. Should I just reflash?

1 Like

Up to you.

1 Like

Well I know that, but do you have any insight on what it might be? I have the correct APN settings but now it’s just not working anymore. It was literally working a couple days ago.

3 Likes

No, but you could share your MMS settings for us to verify its values.

Here you go:

[Modem Manager]
CarrierMMSC=http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS_APN=ltemobile.apn
CarrierMMSProxy=mmsproxy.rogers.com:80
DefaultModemNumber=NULL
AutoProcessOnConnection=true
AutoProcessSMSWAP=true
IMSI=302720XXXXXXXXXX

[Settings]
UseDeliveryReports=false
TotalMaxAttachmentSize=1100000
MaxAttachments=25
AutoCreateSMIL=false
ForceCAres=true

1 Like

Looks fine to me.

I know…it’s weird. when I send an mms message to the L5 it wakes up but nothing shows up in chatty. I tried my SIM today in a different phone and it sends and receives no problem.

2 Likes

Does both your Chatty settings and Mobile Network settings reflect this MMS configuration?

Yes, tbaytel uses the same apn for both internet and mms.

Data works fine.

1 Like

Found this in the log, but not sure what it means:

Jun 29 09:07:35 pureos dbus-daemon[584]: [system] Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.7" (uid=0 pid=588 comm="/usr/sbin/NetworkManager --no-daemon ") interface="org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Modem.Simple" member="Disconnect" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination=":1.14" (uid=0 pid=750 comm="/usr/sbin/ModemManager --test-quick-suspend-resume")

Also a bunch of this which kinda looks like a permissions thing?

Jun 29 04:42:23 pureos mmsdtng[1312]: ../plugins/modemmanager.c:cb_sms_delete_finish() Couldn't delete SMS - error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Error.Core.Failed: Couldn't delete 1 parts from this SMS
Jun 29 04:42:23 pureos mmsdtng[839]: ../plugins/modemmanager.c:cb_sms_delete_finish_retry() Couldn't delete SMS - error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Error.Core.Unauthorized: PolicyKit authorization failed: not authorized for 'org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Messaging'
Jun 29 04:46:47 pureos mmsdtng[1312]: ../plugins/modemmanager.c:bearer_handler() At Bearer Handler: path /org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/Modem/1 active 1 context_active 1
Jun 29 04:46:47 pureos mmsdtng[839]: ../plugins/modemmanager.c:bearer_handler() At Bearer Handler: path /org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/Modem/1 active 1 context_active 0
Jun 29 04:46:47 pureos mmsdtng[1312]: ../plugins/modemmanager.c:cb_sms_delete_finish() Couldn't delete SMS - error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Error.Core.Failed: Couldn't delete 1 parts from this SMS
Jun 29 04:46:47 pureos mmsdtng[839]: ../plugins/modemmanager.c:cb_sms_delete_finish() Couldn't delete SMS - error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Error.Core.Unauthorized: PolicyKit authorization failed: not authorized for 'org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Messaging'
Jun 29 04:46:47 pureos mmsdtng[839]: ../plugins/modemmanager.c:cb_sms_delete_finish_retry() Couldn't delete SMS - error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Error.Core.Unauthorized: PolicyKit authorization failed: not authorized for 'org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Messaging'

Can someone tell me the permissions on the mms file inside ~/.mms/modemmanager ?

1 Like

You mean this?
Screenshot at 2024-06-29 07-21-10
The above shows the user as “1000” because I’m accessing the file over ssh. The actual user on the phone is “purism,” of course.

Btw, do you have the experimental suspend enabled?

If so, could that be interfering with something?

1 Like

I do have suspend enabled, but normal sms goes through fine.

1 Like

Ended up trying something which bricked the phone, so now doing a reflash.

3 Likes

So turns out the thing Carlos posted a link to to fix the USB half hang thing broke my mms. So daily drivers beware, dont mess with stuff that isnt mainlined. All good now.

4 Likes

Does that mean now you may send/receive texts with pics now?

1 Like

Yes…something broke when i installed that experimental fix.

1 Like

Wow. I wonder if one used the same thing to brick their phone, and then flashed again, would they get text/pic ability back too. Too late for me - phone heads to repairs tomorrow or Thursday.
:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

After testing MMS on tar file, i can confirm that MMS do not working and i just not tested MMS before create Tar, however tar files will never brick ur phone because i has been tested, so i not sure why happened for you.

Whatever, Please accept my Apologies for the bad thing that happened to you on tarfile.

/carlosgonz

1 Like

No worries Carlos…all good.

2 Likes