Zanata translation server is down

That happens. If no one is responsible for it, and it falls - does it make a sound… etc. :wink: This needs resources too and it would be nice to know what’s the plan in short and long run.

I didn’t consider this earlier, but yes, the documentations for apps need translation as well. All that needs to be translated would normally be listed and prioritized. Seems, Purism hasn’t had to deal with this aspect before, considering global audience.

The upstream/downstream is a new animal to me, in this. From managing perspective probably painful to have several platforms but for volunteers too (remembering that many or most are L5 centred). Its a hassle to use several tools/platforms/sites for translations and will probably limit the help for this. This is one area, where some kind of community(involvement & translation project) coordinator might be helpful (if you can pass on the hint).

If nothing is going to happen now, might I suggest making some kind of announcement if we are to use Zanata for the time being (or not, if those files are depricated or not updated/backed up anymore) and what and when to expect something? And, when was the last time there was a blog post about behind the scenes of documentation and all that’s related…? :slight_smile:

1 Like