BYD touchpad detected as regular mouse

$ synclient
Couldn’t find synaptics properties. No synaptics driver loaded?

$ xinput --list ⎡ Virtual core pointer id=2 [master pointer (3)] ⎜ ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer id=4 [slave pointer (2)] ⎜ ↳ ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse id=12 [slave pointer (2)] ⎜ ↳ Microsoft Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse v2.0 id=13 [slave pointer (2)]

So I am not able to enable middle button emulation. I’m using debian 8 jessie. Any way to fix this?

Hi!

Make sure you have xserver-xorg-input-synaptics package installed. Debian wiki could also help: perhaps you have libinput driver (which lacks some functions) installed instead of synaptics?

Pirate Praveen, if your problems still remain, please upgrade your system to PureOS 2.1:
https://puri.sm/posts/purism-devlog-0/

I’m running Qubes 3.1 on my Librem 13. The trackpad is recognized as a standard mouse, and is therefore not very functional.

The package in Dom0 is xorg-x11-drv-synpatics version 1.81,-g.fc20. I am trying to figure out how to install the xserver-xorg-input-synaptics package you mentioned above, but can’t seem to do so. I am also posting this on the Qubes Google forum, but am trying here as well.

Thank you.

JDL, for Qubes try with libinput driver (remove synaptics) and follow instructions from here:

The trackpad problems are fixed in Qubes R3.2-rc2 which I am running now. Earlier I was running Qubes R3.0 which indeed thought the trackpad was just a PS/2 mouse. So upgrade your Qubes.