Camera development progress

I don’t think running the build without installing it is supported. Why won’t you build a deb file with your changes? You can even use the GitLab CI to do that for you.

1 Like

Master @dos any e.t.a for 10bits main camera sensor driver? HDR…

Multiple reasons. I’m not too much of a fan of these build systems so I always try to keep it as simple as possible and omit whatever I can to lean the process.

In this case millipixels is build after the “ninja” command, hence the only thing I had to do was to figure out where to place the config-file and postprocess-file. Difficult enough, but luckily you could help me out. :wink: :smile:

I do not know the ninja build system, but the “install” command if I understand correct will overwrite my version of millipixels installed by default? I would really like this not to be the case, then I could end up with a version not being able to take pictures and it would also not be possible to test multiple versions at the same time when the “hanging-bug” occurs.

With the current setup I can compile “my” version of the millipixels in the cloned git folder and I can therefor have two completely distinct versions. I can make adjustments on the go and compile it on the phone. Takes a couple of seconds and I’m ready to test. No need for Gitlab, no deb-files to be installed, and no overwrites of the mainline apps.

Maybe I missing some smart parts of ninja? but it seems that I have all I need so far. :smile:

BTW, one observation I have made is that when the hanging-bug occurred for me last time within the millipixels I’ve compiled, I tried the mainline version and it hang there too. So it seems to be a more “global” problem. But I think that this was already suspected. So maybe no new knowlegde.

1 Like

You can install into a specified prefix and leave the system-wide version intact.

BTW, one observation I have made is that when the hanging-bug occurred for me last time within the millipixels I’ve compiled, I tried the mainline version and it hang there too. So it seems to be a more “global” problem. But I think that this was already suspected. So maybe no new knowlegde.

The hanging problem has been fixed in Millipixels 0.22 released 3 days ago.

3 Likes

Nice, trying it out now.

1 Like

I’ll try to look at that.

Very nice. :smile: I’ll still be playing around to integrate our trace event iterator, but I don’t expect it to contribute to anything. However it is a cool case to test it out.

I can confirm that I have experienced one case where the old version hang and the new version could take pictures. :grinning:

@dos said: „The hanging problem has been fixed in Millipixels 0.22 released 3 days ago.“

I‘m on 0.21 and I do not get offered this update with sudo apt update, why?

The release was created on May 9, it has to undergo the usual cycle like every updated packet: Come to landing, migrate to Byzantium main. Takes two weeks or so.

note I have compiled it from source myself :grinning:

You can download the latest artifact from the Millipixels repo and install the .deb files manually.

1 Like

Side fact: Note the latest MR draft in the Millipixels repo. It seems flash is beeing worked on. :slight_smile:

Correct; I do test it as installed into a prefix, but not in any other way.

Something like this: meson -Dprefix=$HOME/projectbin build ?
Or?

Yes, that’s exactly it.

1 Like

Not sure if this is covered anywhere, but one very helpful feature to have would be a small(er) and tiny resolutions. This would make sending pics via slow (or expensive) connections and services more quicker and convenient (no hand editing afterwards).

1 Like

Or such resolution controls within Chats or Geary.

https://master.pureos.net/migrations/excuse/771d0da1-9138-4042-acda-deaa6c66b622

1 Like

Perhaps you can get multiple resolutions in the postprocess script by using the mogrify command.

Note that iPhone handles this a different way, namely asking you at the time you send whether to scale the image down to a lower resolution copy and send that.

I have tried mogrify on the L5, but unfortunately it is rather processing heavy and, albeit, rather slow in rescaling images.

2 Likes