Since the hardware update everyone of us faces the decision of the modem. This topic aims to help everyone with that decision.
To choose between the options
Option 1: Gemalto PLS8 3G/4G modem w/ single sim on replaceable M.2 card
-> In fact there are two options here with PLS8-E and PLS8-US - right?
Option 2: Broadmobi BM818 (made in China)
It would help to know on what base to choose (to enable us as customers to choose)
So I would base my decision upon:
- Does it work in my region / does it work to where I travel?
- Which might have the lower SAR / DAS?
- Which has the higher speed
- Where will purism invest more likely effort to free the blobs?
- Something else (there is the made in china - I don’t know why this is important)
I know that there is a table which shows the different bands for the PLS8-E and US - I think this would need to be extended for the BM818
A related topic (which I didn’t want to use for this, as this topic here should only be used to elaborate the differences between the 3? options)