Coreboot 4.12-based Firmware Released For All Librems

$ flashrom -R
flashrom v1.2 on Linux 5.7.10-201.fc32.x86_64 (x86_64)
flashrom is free software, get the source code at https://flashrom.org

what does: sudo flashrom -L -o /tmp/flashrom.log report?

No log file in /tmp and this message

$ sudo flashrom -L -o /tmp/flashrom.log
flashrom v1.2 on Linux 5.7.10-201.fc32.x86_64 (x86_64)
flashrom is free software, get the source code at https://flashrom.org

Log file not supported in standalone mode. Aborting.
Please run "flashrom --help" for usage info.

that’s why the script doesn’t use your built-in flashrom, it’s bugged and doesn’t support logging to file. So it wants to build flashrom from source, but can’t find dependencies

=( It happens. I want to switch to something stable like Debian, but when Intel Iris driver was released, i just don’t want to go back to old, slowly i965 driver, and stuck with Fedora.
I tried many other GNU/Linux discributions, ArchLinux, CentOS, Linux Mint, PureOS, and many other, but don’t find anything better than Debian and Fedora.
When Intel Iris driver will ported to Debian Stable, i will back to your party and don’t get problems with flashing coreboot =)

try using script from here and LMK if it works:

I installed “pciutils-devel” package, got this error, then install “pciutils-devel-static” and nothing changed. =(

libflashrom.c: In function 'flashrom_supported_boards':
libflashrom.c:191:32: error: implicit conversion from 'const enum test_state' to 'enum flashrom_test_state' [-Werror=enum-conversion]
  191 |    supported_boards[i].working = binfo[i].working;
      |                                ^
libflashrom.c: In function 'flashrom_supported_chipsets':
libflashrom.c:229:33: error: implicit conversion from 'const enum test_state' to 'enum flashrom_test_state' [-Werror=enum-conversion]
  229 |    supported_chipsets[i].status = chipset[i].status;
      |                                 ^
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make: *** [Makefile:1146: libflashrom.o] ĐžŃˆĐžĐ±ĐșĐ° 1

Error building flashrom (missing build dependency libpci-dev?)

I’ll fire up a F32 instance on one of my dev machines here tomorrow and get fedora dependency support fixed up in a next few days. Need to get a Pureboot update out the door first

2 Likes

Looks like it’s passing -Werror to the compiler, causing (likely harmless) warnings to be interpreted as errors. As the set of warnings changes from compiler version to compiler version this is a common source of errors. Maybe there is a build option to avoid this option?

this is a bug/error in flashrom 1.2, but is fixed in master. Trying to decide the best way to handle it until there’s a tagged release that includes it

ok, pushed some script fixes that should address dependencies and compiling flashrom under Fedora-based distros

1 Like