Estimate your Librem 5 shipping

Sweet…I’m Jan 29th, any day now.

5 Likes

Nearly four years and I finally got the address verification email.

Order Date:          January 15, 2019
Verification Email:  November 22, 2022
Invoice/Shipment:    November 30, 2022
Librem 5 Received:   December 1, 2022
Destination Country: USA

[edit] Shipped!
[edit2] Got it!

13 Likes
Order Date:          January 6, 2019
Verification Email:  November 15, 2022
Invoice/Shipment:    November 17, 2022
Librem 5 Received:   November 22, 2022
15 Likes
Order Date:          January 21, 2019
Verification Email:  November 21, 2022
Invoice/Shipment:    TBD
Librem 5 Received:   TBD
12 Likes

Order Date: Q4 2019
Verification Email: none
Address verifiedd: none
Invoice/Shipment: none

2 Likes
Order Date:          January 6, 2019
Verification Email:  November 15, 2022
Invoice/Shipment:    November 17, 2022
Librem 5 Received:   November 25, 2022
15 Likes
Order Date:          24 Dec 2018
Verification Email:  24 October 2022
Second Reply to Verification Email: 18 November 2022
Invoice/Shipment:    22 November 2022
Librem 5 at PO Box:  26 November 25, 2022
Recieved: 2 December 2022

I can’t say I’m super impressed with their process here, since my order looks to have “fallen through the cracks”. I initially replied to their verification email the same day it arrived, and got back a “thanks, we’ll get it shipped”, and then had to send a followup email asking when I didn’t hear anything further for 3 weeks. To be fair, it was something of a “special order”, since I wanted it sent to a PO Box, which meant USPS instead of their usual carrier, so results may not be typical. I just got hands-on with it, and it came through shipping fine.

The second delay was me not getting to the PO Box due to scheduling and weather, so don’t read anything into it. (The whole reason for sending it to a PO Box was so it could sit safely without risk of “poorch pirates”, or snow).

I’ve fired it up, and have thoughts. I’ll probably post those here in a bit.

10 Likes

That’s really cool, first success story with order date after mine (Aug '19). Congrats, dude! I’m a bit more patient now.

From what we’ve seen here, the initial address verification email has never been an indication that the phone would ship immediately, only that they were getting ready to finalize it (add the modem, flash the software, test, etc.), probably with a batch of all the other L5s of people they might have just contacted.

Congrats on getting your L5!

2 Likes

Im guessing he meant 24 Dec 2018

1 Like

This is what I was thinking too. My order date was Jan 30, 2019 and I have not heard anything yet despite Photon (Jan 21, 2019) having received his verification email 11 days ago.

1 Like

I’m Jan 29th and haven’t gotten any correspondence as of yet.

That’s fair. 3 weeks seems a little on the long side, but it indeed doesn’t give an ETA on shipping after the confirmation email. Then again, the majority of reports here are within a week or so, including emails sent after mine, which were shipped around Nov 4. Still, that means only a week or so delay, which the odd shipping requirements more easily explains.

1 Like

Yeah, oops, I’d originally thought I’d ordered Jan 2019, and when I looked it up and saw it was Dec, I changed the month, but not the year.

4 Likes

My order (Jan 22, 2019) with verification e-mail of Nov 22, 2022 “shipped” Nov 30 (“shipped” because it didn’t actually get to FedEx until the next day). Obviously coming by truck across country (California to Maryland) as it’s not expected to arrive until Dec 6. Photon’s is probably on the same truck; I would have preferred Planet Express! :wink:

I had the same thing, with the shipping label created on the 22, but not given to the carrier till the 23.

Order Date:          January 22, 2019
Shipment:            November 30, 2022
Librem 5 Received:   December 07, 2022 (estimation)
Destination Country: France
14 Likes
Order Date:          January  21, 2019
Verification Email:  November 21, 2022
Invoice/Shipment:    November 30, 2022
Librem 5 Received:   December 02, 2022

FedEx Ground had it only for 2 days, so not so bad. They insisted that they would require a signature, but as they almost always do at my place (up in the Sierra Nevada), they just left it at my garage door.

17 Likes
Order Date:          January  25, 2019
Verification Email:  NaN
Invoice/Shipment:    NaN
Librem 5 Received:   NaN
Destination Country: CH

Still the message: Librem 5 - To be determined based on CPU availability. Please check back later.
:frowning:

1 Like
Order Date:          January 14, 2019
Shipment:            November 30, 2022
Librem 5 Received:   December 05, 2022
Destination Country: Germany
15 Likes