Estimate your Librem 5 shipping

It’s surreal, but I am moving on to the next step!

Order Date: 2021-03
Verification Email: 2023-08-21
Shipped: Pending
Received: Pending
Destination: USA

8 Likes

A new batch rolling out? :clap:

6 Likes

I recall a while back hearing something about “a big new batch next month” so this must be it coming to fruition. We shall call it Shipping Parity Day and we’ll celebrate with a huge sigh of relief.

6 Likes

It’s happening!

1 Like

It’s a small sample, but looks like they handle all of 2021 now. Next email batch could be the final one. Maybe shipping window is already at 20 days for new orders. We’ll see.
Wake me up when September comes/ends … :wink:

5 Likes

Order Date: 2021-08-06
Address verification email: 2023-06-06
Response: 2023-06-06
Shipment notification: 2023-08-23
Received: 2023-08-25
Order Status: Still says Awaiting Shipment but I’m typing this on my Librem 5 right now

Update: Received!

11 Likes

Update:
Order Date: 2021-09-12
Tracking Email: 2023-08-24
Shipped: 2023-08-24
Received: Pending

11 Likes

Order Date: 12 oct 20
address verification email: 23 may 23
destination: Western Germany
Shipment notification: 17 aug .23
Received: 19 aug 2023
Order Status: obtained :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Ordered: 2021-06-29
Response: 2023-08-28
Shipment Notification: 2023-08-31
Received: 2023-09-05

9 Likes

Shipped: 2023-08-25
Received: 2023-08-29

12 Likes

Update:
Order Date: 2021-09-12
Tracking Email: 2023-08-24
Shipped: 2023-08-24
Received: 2023-08-29

Yay!

15 Likes

The Librem 5 Product and Availability chart shows the Librem 5 as having only a two week shipping time. Also, it says “Librem 5” not “Librem 5 USA”. So why do we still have people in this thread going back to ordering their Librem 5 in April of 2021 who have not yet received their phones yet? Has Purism once again, not told the truth? I mean, this one is easy to expose right here in this thread. With a two week shipping time for new Librem 5 orders, everyone who has been waiting for more than one month now should have received their phones by now. This thread should have closed as no one should wait now for more than two weeks. According to Purism, the Librem 5 is “In Stock” now.

1 Like

If I remember correctly they already shipped all phones including 2023 orders … but excluding those with a specific modem. Most people from last week said they came from USA / Canada. This looks like dev said the truth some time ago. Also I’m sure there are some people who didn’t response on time (a reason could be spam filter, changed mail etc).

3 Likes

Maybe the final back-ordered batch is in stock and currently being shipped as people respond to Purism’s email notices, while an additional batch is being added to their shelves for current orders?

I see no reason to try and create controversy out of this.

6 Likes

Wow! So the whole waiting months or years to get your Librem 5 saga is over now. I never thought I would see that happen. The next step should be for Purism to mass mail all of the refund checks to those who requested refunds over the past four to six years.

At one point, I was going to ask for a refund. But I decided to take my chances and wait instead. I did get my phone. But the deciding factor was that I was afraid that if I asked for a refund, that I would get neither a refund nor the phone. At this point, it appears that several individuals are at that point now.

4 Likes

I suggest moving on from this thread sooner rather then later. Eventually in the very near future, the lead time will become 10 days for the Librem 5, then this thread will become obsolete.

I am appreciative of the fact that Purism managed to work through the pandemic and still be around today to deliver their crowdfunded campaign promises.

3 Likes

This is a good concept that is widely applicable (in many online forums). :wink:

2 Likes

Note to the few early backers who have not yet confirmed your address: “We Have Your Phone Ready to Ship!” Your Librem 5 is ready to ship to you, please reach out to support with your order number (or email and rough date of order so we can work to verify it).

13 Likes

Particularly as the poster is inevitably speaking from a position of ignorance.

None of us knows the exact state of play regarding fulfillment, as we are not insiders.

And, as has been pointed out numerous times over the years, no customer is obliged to report a pending delivery or actual receipt in this topic.

So yeah

maybe give it another month and this topic should be locked.

3 Likes

Final update. Still delay after SD card adjustments. Contacted support and Hub was now out of stock delaying delivery. Kindly asked Mladen to release all stocked items on 21/8/23. Delivery confirmation sent on 23/8/23. I’m in ireland and DHL actually delivered the phone to my house early afternoon on the 25/8/23! I had just been granted 3 weeks holidays the night before so i was in bed dying of a hangover and missed the knock on the door. Phone received 28/8/23. I’m still impressed with that 2 day turnaround. Thanks Mladen and all in Purism, Librem5 is awesome, im going to be smashing a huawei android very soon! I’ll bury it beside my old fitbit. In the back corner of my garden where my dog likes to poop!

11 Likes