Estimate your Librem 5 shipping

Not from suspend though, which I believe is the point being made. This is an acknowledged limitation, a fix for which is outstanding, and Purism is even giving the official (partial) workaround: PureOS on Liberty Phone and Librem 5 – Purism

No. The latest missives make clear that failure to respond is not holding up the process. I understand that your question was not entirely serious.

4 Likes

I think he’s speaking about waking up from suspend.

@purism285 :
Don’t suspend for the time your alarm is active. You can plug in your power cable to have no energy problems. That suspend issue will be fixed some time in future.

3 Likes

Yes to be fair it is the suspend issue.
I use my phone as an alarm clock (well I did back before the Jolla died) so I need to have confidence that I will get the alarm if it is at all possible. There for there is (almost) never a time that I do not have an alarm pending.

Yes plugging in is good, but the longer battery life of suspend will make a difference.

1 Like

It has been a pleasure to see this thread finally inactive; the era of waiting is over.

Also, good luck for those looking to sell their Librem 5 now.

3 Likes

Is it? We still haven’t seen any evidence of anyone receiving their Librem 5 with an order date in 2022 or 2023, so there is potentially still almost two years of backlog to work through…

1 Like

To all Librem 5 owners, I recommend that you check out my Firefox customization guide:

Please also check the comments on the customization guide for updates and extras.

Recommended updates:

1 Like

I received my Librem 5 USA during the middle of August 2022, but I did not contribute to this thread about it or elsewhere for security reasons: I only justified using Discourse very recently at the end of June 2023 because I finally have a clear idea of what I want my public identity to represent.

Surely, many people have received their phones and have never posted here about it. Nevertheless, more than 1.5 years is a long time in terms of a product pre-order. I have seen at least one too many completely false shipping time estimations by Purism to accept that shipping parity is reached for the Librem 5 :wink:

2 Likes

After some use, I am going say my opinion of the alarms has upgraded and I am more than happy with it.
(I admit to being a bit spoiled by Jolla’s alarm that would alarm even if the battery was bellow letting the phone boot. Not good for the battery, not necessary.) I do look forward to longer battery life as the software is improved.

2 Likes

Looking at it from the opposite perspective … is there anyone ever who has posted in this forum that they ordered in 2022 or 2023 complaining that the phone has not been received yet?

That would be direct evidence of your suggestion that shipping parity has not been reached.

2 Likes

That would be interesting to hear from such a person! I invite anyone meeting that criteria to make themselves known :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Order Date: 2021-10-31
Verification Email: 2023-08-21
Shipped: 2023-9-1
Received: 2023-09-13
Destination: USA

14 Likes

It seems that some users who ordered in 2022 received their Librem 5.

There is a “used” phone on sale which was ordered on 2022-10-19.

4 Likes

Order Date: 2021-10-09
Verification Email: 2023-08-21
Shipped: 2023-09-01
Received: 2023-09-05
Destination: USA
:grinning:

12 Likes

Hopefully you have been enjoying your Librem 5 for the last two weeks.

1 Like

Can someone please help me to understand the “lead time” for Librem 5. I see that most people are posting the recent shipping information and looks like only orders from 2021 are being fulfilled. This makes me confused. If I place an order now for Librem 5, will the phone not be shipped in “10 days” as stated on the " Purism Products and Availability Chart"?

Thanks.

1 Like

It should arrive you within 2 weeks after your order. Purism said all back orders are fulfilled (does not include those who did not response on e-mail). This thread is not important anymore, you can ignore that nobody of 2022 and 2023 orders wrote here.

I also think that there were not many orders in last 2 years, because price was 300$ higher and who knows what else. They also didn’t need to wait for years to get hands on this device. That could also be a reason why nobody cared about sharing shipments.

5 Likes

Yes, it looks strange. A possible explanation is that there were relatively few orders placed during 2022 and 2023, and none of those few have felt like posting about their deliveries here.

I do think it is likely that there were not very many orders during 2022, there was lots of bad publicity and lots of talk about people waiting many years for their orders, maybe not many people placed new orders then. Of course all this is just speculation, it would be really nice to see a post here from someone who ordered recently and got it delivered. If such a person is reading this, please consider posting here about your order and shipping date, to let us know that the short lead time is something that can happen in the real world. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Order Date: January 10, 2020
Shipped & Received: August, 2023
Destination: Russia

14 Likes

So (at least for refurbished phones) the shipping times are really, really good now.
Luigi311 ordered one on 2023-10-11 and received the refurbished L5 on 2023-10-16. According to him in the librem-5 matrix channel.

I’m curious if this is also the case for factory new phones…

7 Likes