Estimate your Librem 5 shipping

Perhaps they’re taking my advice to multiply their estimates by 3.

2 Likes

order date: October 6, 2017
address/modem confirmation mail: September 6, 2021
tracking number mail: September 29, 2021
arrival date: October 1, 2021 :pray: :smiley:

13 Likes

order date: October 7, 2017
address/modem confirmation mail: September 20, 2021
tracking number mail: September 28, 2021
arrival date: October 4, 2021
:partying_face:

12 Likes

Order date: October 6, 2017
Address/modem confirmation mail: September 20, 2021
Tracking number mail: September 30, 2021
Arrival date: October 4, 2021

7 Likes

Just received an email response per my request for update status

We are continuing to ship Librem 5 phones to backers, and we are excited to deliver your Librem 5 as soon as we produce it. Our team around the world is working diligently from chip sourcing to continuous software improvements to produce more phones and make the experience as exceptional as we can

We will keep innovating both on our software and hardware offerings, and are hiring. We will keep you informed regularly on how we are doing with the fulfillment of your Librem 5. We will be updating this product availability chart diligently.

Deliveries will continue over the next 12 months in batches as we spot-buy some of the harder to find integrated circuits to produce additional boards, the primary parts blocker for producing tens-of-thousands at once is the CPU availability which if bought today still has 50+ week lead-time, while it may arrive earlier (the industry is very short with inaccurate lead-times) we cannot count on spot-buying entirely nor can we count on parts arriving early in abundance. The ongoing supply for semiconductor shortage is intensifying. It is great to see some of you who ordered the phone early are sharing the news about getting the Librem 5. While deliveries are continuing, it will be directly tied to parts availability.

Advancing all the areas that we are improving to create a free and secure future takes immense investment, time, and patience; we thank you for seeing the value we bring (in software, services, and hardware) and being as patient as possible in the hardware delivery during these unprecedented times. Here are two recent customer messages we received that means a lot to our entire team:

“All the best for the last mile to start mass-production and shipping again. And thanks so much for the incredible innovation you brought about.”

“Just wanted to say thank you for not giving up. I’m still excitedly anticipating the Librem 5, am glad I backed the campaign, and I will wait as long as it takes.”

Thank you for advancing Purism SPC’s mission of a freer and more secure future.

Todd Weaver

Founder & CEO, Purism

4 Likes

Order date: October 6th 2017
Address confirmation email: September 20th 2021
Tracking email: September 30th 2021
Arrival date: October 4th 2021

A day short of 4 years. It seems pretty cool after a quick look. Should be fun setting it up.

13 Likes

Shameless re-post, but I’m excited!

address/modem confirmation mail: September 27, 2021
tracking number mail: October 1, 2021
arrival date: October 5, 2021

TWO days short of 4 years.

9 Likes

For sale on ebay-Canada: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/133894881660?hash=item1f2cc1c17c:g:JloAAOSwf89hVve4#viTabs_0
(located in France)

Alternate listing on ebay-US (same seller): https://www.ebay.com/itm/133894881660?hash=item1f2cc1c17c:g:JloAAOSwf89hVve4

You’re selling yours amarok?

:rofl: No way! I’m just pointing interested forum members to what I saw on ebay, in case they’re waaaaaaaaaay down in the queue and want to get one sooner.

6 Likes

Heh. Knowing @amarok I think it’s safe to say it will be a cold day in hell before that particular device comes up for sale. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have received the tracking number today:

address/modem confirmation mail: September 27, 2021
tracking number mail : October 6, 2021

6 Likes

order date : October 17, 2017
address/modem confirmation mail: not yet
tracking number mail: obviously not
arrival date: obviously not
E-mail sent to be updated: 5th October 2021
Answer received the same day: shipment date?
‘we believe we will be able to ship your phone within next 2-3 months’
…after 4 years telling how cool is the L5 phone project, I am the laughing stock of friends…

5 Likes

IMHO all this complain and rand will lead to nowhere. The existing chip crisis is not the fault of Purism. In my country, Germany, even car makers like VW have to close factories due to not getting the needed chips.

I also have had to wait four years for my L5, and would have waited four years more if necessary. Said this, just wait in calm or sell your place in the queue to folks behind you.

I know, that this post could provoke a shit storm, but it is the simple truth.

14 Likes

I’m sorry, I really feel for you MV71 – this is a real image problem for Purism too, because it undercuts their best word of mouth. I bragged to nobody, because no one I know particularly cares and they’ve all heard me rant before. My wife laughed every time my shipment got postponed, but I can handle that :wink:

6 Likes

Dear ‘guru’,
your post and conclusions are based on your totally wrong personal assumptions, at least in my case. At leas you have misunderstood the sense of my post.

• First of all I know very well the general shortage situation. My ‘micro company’ produces also dive computers.
  • I don’t need to live in Germany to know the problems of VW. Coincidently my car is a VW and I know the general situation in the automotive market: the problem is not ‘confined’ in electronics components but also in raw material like steel, brass etc…
  • if anyone try to buy a bike today he’ll face the same problem;
  • I know very well the ‘titanic’ challenge that the project of Librem 5 means, in particular in a market controlled by a duopoly.
    An d I suppose that the majority of people that joined this ‘bet’ are aware of all this.
    The ‘problems’ are others: considering all this for me is simply ‘unthinkable’ how the comunication/updates have been managed considering also the fact that the final cpu was decided before the pandemic.
    So please avoid to give others ‘suggestion’ about what to do; we have still some ‘free space’ in this world and what is most common to people that joined the Librem 5 project is probably the fact to be free to think and to express their opinion without be tracked every second of day or someone that say how to act.
    Have a good day
4 Likes

Thanks ecs for your message. For sure I don’t give up. I started to use an ‘alternative’ phone years ago: the first BQ Aquaris Ubuntu Touch version; and now a Volla phone. But the goal is still the Librem5 :wink:

2 Likes

For me it is not just my (lovely) wife, but my kids as well. And by the time I can actually show them the Librem 5 they will ROTFL as not only it comes from the past but looks like it too.

5 Likes

[quote=“ookhoi, post:425, topic:11272, full:true”]

Finally, I received my Librem 5 this week, so I proved all people wrong that said that I would never receive it. The problem that I have now is that I cannot use it because the lack of working Signal. It took me a lot of dedication to convert my contacts to Signal, now they can laugh because I have a FOSS phone that does not support the Signal messenger that I recommended for years. But, I assured them that this will be addressed as well over time. But yeah, how long will it take? It’s a pity I cannot use the Librem 5 as a daily driver because of that yet.

14 Likes

I’m really happy for you. Have a great fun with your Librem 5 :muscle: :muscle: :muscle:

4 Likes